Visualizations and dreams?

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by budsmokn420, May 14, 2011.

1. I don't do any drugs anymore and when I did I only smoked weed and salvia twice.

I do meditate from time to time, but not like you described it. I relax the mind and detach from thoughts. You find a silence that is enterally blissful. Maybe that is what helps me?

2. I think any meditation helps, because it calms your brain so it can actually process thoughts. I like to do what you said you do, then switch to imagery meditation after my mind is completely calm of outside thoughts, so I can focus on my "goal" (even though my goal is never predetermined). Sometimes I just do relaxation meditation though.. just depends.

3. For real only smoked bud twice and you rock a name like budsmokin420, kinda weird to me why not meditatneternity or somethin, just curious.

4. Salvia twice home slice. ^ I think anyways...

5. Ah that makes much more sense!!!

6. you know how you can think about what ur hand is feeling, then switch down to your foot and how it feels, what its feeling??/ well i think what ur brain is doing is similar to the previous example only with different part of the perceptions. You were using your physical eyes, and visualizing something different in your head so severely that your physical eyes could percieve it. (or ur brain knew how to transform a figmint of ur imagination into shapes and lines that another part of the brain could percieve as reality.

7. I think I agree whiteghost. Your imagination (in a visual sense) can only work with what it has visually seen before for reference. Imagine someone whos been blind there entire life. I wonder if they can visually imagine something? Makes me wonder what a hallucinogen would be like blind. :smoking:

8. Yea lol I used to smoke daily and plus I didn't even meditate until after I registered :D

9. the wall is in your head too. it doesn't really look like that, it doesn't look like anything. you're observing your perception of the wall, not the wall itself.