Visual impact muscle building

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by reigninblood, Feb 8, 2012.

1. As anyone tried this routine? I'm interested in following it, but looking for some advice/tips as well...I'm not really interested in strength, really just appearance...from what I understand the book is $47, which is cheaper than a session with a personal trainer..

2. never tried it, I'd much rather read and do my own thing and workout w/ friends. Just shoot for 8-12 reps for 3 sets and 1-2 min rest between each rest. do generally 5-6 exercises per body part. try to do 60% of your max. do a 3 1 3 tempo, meaning count to 3 to full extension, pause, then 3 down.

3. If youre going to do a program from a book read practical programming by mark rippetoe. Wish I had started on that program, best for getting beginners big and strong fast

4. Well I'm not really looking to get big and fast...the way I see it is chances are I will never need to lift anything near 300lbs and what not...plus, it just looks odd to me lol...I'm more interested in that toned skin tight look...my buddy is a personal trainer and he told me just to work on building some muscle and foundation for a while, with HIIT cardio twice a week, then doing the visual impact building...which I guess makes sense, especially since the more muscle you have the faster you burn fat...hopefully I can get somewhat in shape before summer, or by the end of it anyways