Visiting San Francisco for spring break!

Discussion in 'General' started by FluffyBud, Mar 14, 2012.

1. I'm going to be staying with my sister and her girlfriend in their apartment in downtown San Fran, they have medical licences so that wont be a problem.

What is a concern is i'm going to be there for 7 days and i know nothing about the place! i need recommendations on what i should do, some days my sister works and i'm going to be on my own to roam the city.

Here's a few questions i hope people can answer:

1) What are some bomb places to eat around downtown in the knob hill district or around there?

2) What strains of marijuana do you folks with licences recommend me trying? Also i'm no expert on concentrates and would like recommendations on those also, i've been looking at the menu's and they're all so overwhelming for me lol.

3) What parks are the best?

4) Any other recommendations?

2. I went there 2 summers ago before I smoked so I didn't get weed, but I went to Alcatraz and that was sick, I saw the houses where they filmed full house, went to china town (highly recommend that), went to haight and ashbury and I think just about every person was selling/or doing some sort of drug, I got a bomb ass crepe at a small store there also. Go across the golden gate bridge, I did that and then we went to an extremely rich part where I think it was Nicholas cage has a house. Oh and go by I think it's called pier 51, There's a bunch of cool shit down there. That's all I remember doing but it was fun as fuck, Ive been to San Diego also and San Fran is so much better IMO.

3. Welcome to the Bay! Depends on what part of SF you'll be in really. Do you live in CA or visiting from out of state?

1.) SF can get pretty pricey with its food, but really there are so many different types its a food orgasm. In N Out Burgers. A staple burger place with stellar food. Double Double with Animal fries, You won't be dissapointed. Ghiradellis Chocolate has awesome sundaes and ice creams. You will also be by the Pier, there are numerous places there to eat. Make sure to try a famous bread bowl with clam chowder, off the hook. I'd use yelp to find places. Chinatown also has great food.
    --Make sure to beware of the Tenderloin district and SoMa areas around night time. Can get dangerous at times if you don't know where you are going.

2.) Google weedmaps it will really help you out. Some fav strains I've been smoking recently have been Purple Kush, Pineapple Express, Green Candy. Seriously they have a toon of places. Ask your sister about the VaporRoom in SF, they have vaporizers(Volcano) on site and you can medicate there.

3.) North Beach, Pier 39. Golden Gate Park, Haight Ashbury ST has some nice chill places.

4.) Use Yelp for food really, it should help you out. Also check out Mission St and Union Sq. and near there bunch of shopping places and the Metereon. Sony has a HQ there so tons of Ps3 and other things. There is a nice Ice Rink there also.

Land's End Trial is a nice hike with the view of the Bridge, forrest, ocean, etc.

There is the Ca Academy of Science to visit, MOMA(Museum of Modern Art), Zoo..tons of things.

4. ^ I forgot about the bread bowls, those are so fucking good, and it's pier 39 I guess, and the chocolate place he said, I went there it was pretty cool.

5. GO TO GOLDEN GATE PARK!!! The dopest part of the city IMO. Haight street has like literally a hundred smoke shops so thats always interesting too look around in. I would suggest in N out, theres one down by the wharf at 333 jeffereson street. Bombest fucking fast food. If you have never tried it you need to buy it while in cali

6. if u like wild shit the Castro is live 24 / 7 and it will be spring break. . Unless you a homophobe.

7. hey man im not gunna answer all your questions but im gunna add some to Gstatewarrior's list

everything downtown or in Nobhilll is gunna be expensive but that doesnt mean quality...make sure u explore some diffrent neighborhoods....like The Richman, The Mission, North Beach, the Marina, The Presidio....i guess u can go to the Haight, but the cool hippy nostalgia wears off in like 5 mins and hippy hill is starting to be gross.
    Doloras Park is pretty sick on the weekends, and u can get dank everything there

make sure u cop some Blue Dream that shit is dank

and go to Taquerias!! visit the mission!!! go to 24th and Valencia and eat at Big Mouth Burgers or the spot next door with the philly cheese steaks that shit is bomb

Dont just go to tourist spots cuz there kinda wack to be honest....

and really guys fast food in San Francisco???!?!

8. 151 Third Street.
    Clam chowder bread bowl at the Wharf.
    Market Street- shopping
    Also the old Army bunker that's under the Golden Gate Bridge.
    Amoeba Music.
    2332 Clement St- best pho ever.

9. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKeXkhxiq6I]Scott McKenzie - San Francisco - YouTube[/ame]

10. tell your sister to take you to the place where they sell the original Girl Scout Cookies strain. i think its called the green door? im not too sure though.

its basically a legendary new school strain originating here in the Bay Area. super fucking potent. amazing high.

11. yeah i've already been looking into all of the dispensaries menu's, the green door seems to be the best one, and yeah i've heard great things about girl scout cookies.

can someone explain the main differences in hash? i plan on trying a lot of different concentrates but i want to know if there are some i should stay away from and some i need to try.

12. #12 GStateWarrior, Mar 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2012

Ehh, it was all right, got it from GoE. I liked the Blue Mazar better.

Depends..All the same really just depends on the type. You can get a gram for 10 or for upwards of 45. Depends on the Hash really...I liked AOTA hash, Sour Diesel, and Sour Bubble Hash. Maybe try some wax, I've heard great things about it.

13. SUPER SILVER HAZE!
    WHITE WIDOW!
    NORTHERN LIGHTS!

You must try all three before you leave

14. buuuump.

i still want more information on hash and super-bomb strains, i'm visiting from VA so i just get whatever dank my dude has.

i know i want to try strawberry cough, jack herrer, girl scout cookies, northern lights and platinum OG.

what hash is good and what sucks? what dispensaries have better hash than others?

15. Out in the fishermans wharf area,there is a hotel called the argonaut,next to it there is a store that sells stuff like a normal convenience store but they cook food in it.they make some bomb ass panini sandwhiches.

i wish i could remember what the place was called,maybe someone else will know.