Visiting Colorado to Toke?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Green Gooma, Jan 4, 2013.

1. #61 claygooding, Jan 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2013
    ^^^the sale of marijuana to other states is a double edged sword,,while the feds will be busting people for it,,the states seeing the commercial value of the market close to home will also bring more legislators to the floor than all the numbers Rand and other economic advisers have been telling them,,but all those estimates were just that,,estimates,,now comes some data that even the DEA and ONDCP can't hide,,data that speaks revenue and jobs during a time when all our government's efforts have failed to produce of either.

2. I never looked at it that way, mind = blown. I haven't even toked today. Good point.

3. This just shows what we have known all along, people want to smoke weed, LOTS of people. Between MJ and hemp we could have HUGE money gettin spread around if those assholes on the hill will pull their heads outta each others crotches for a day.

4. The wrong people will come to CO irregardless of whether or not they make it ok for non residents. I think it should be fine so long as your the correct age.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using GC Forum

5. I'm talking about Manhattan KANSAS not New York... Right off i70 2 hours before KC.

6. Ohhhh. Im retarded. One of my friends moved up here from. He told me it was rough down there.

7. LOL I felt more safe there than anywhere else I've lived.. That includes Olathe and Overland and even Denver.

8. Then again he might of been talking about the dorm he was in or something. He was going to school down there. I haven't been down there.

9. Seriously, brother! Too many politicians are either ignoring the overwhelming economic, medical, and social benefits of marijuana, or they're afraid of alienating their voter base by voting for positive marijuana reform. Either way, they're voting with their own jobs and well-being in mind, not ours...but that's nothing new.

10. [quote name='"DARKWATER333"']

So I would have to buy it off the street if I wanted some?[/quote]

As of right now yes

11. i think making weed legal in 2 states instead of all of em is a mistake. Co and wa wont be able to support all 50 states demand for it 'cause thats exactly what its gonna have to do.

12. And then Prohibitionist are gonna be like "look how corrupt these states are giving weed to everyone". If you would make it legal there wouldn't be a fucking issue

13. RIGHT because marijuana is ONLY grown in medical/legal states.. :rolleyes:

14. Really? You think the 2 year residency is a good idea? Say Im from Wisconsin and I get a job in Colorado after I graduate college. Well after work one day my co workers say "hey man wanna go to the MJ Club?" NOPE I CANT, I HAVE TO WAIT 2 MORE YEARS... Does that really sound like a good idea to you? How is that fair? Now that you got yours doesnt mean you should give in and block other fellow blades from legal weed. Stay true to the bud man, not some government bull

15. What about all the stupid tourists who not only account for the weed being significantly better from where they came from, but the fact that the altitude is a contributing factor as well? How many out of staters are going to get so stoned and crash their car? This is my second time living out here and I do get noticeably higher in higher altitudes. Chairlifts used to get be lit just off of one or two bat packs.

I think two year residency is a bit of a stretch and the clubs should just be for Colorado residents only. If people want to come to Colorado and get high, well they have to know somebody.

16. residency,,worrying about what "tourists" will do,,wanting more regulations,,whothefuckareyoupeople? Haven't we had enough government intervention to fill your quota for awhile.

Get your mind on what you can do for yourself other than enacting rules and laws that give more ammo to the police to arrest more people. jeez

17. Residency requirement would be bullshit. Selfish dude. Now that you got yours, the selfish reasoning above sounds just like a prohibitionist argument. What you said is pretty much the "Weed is more powerful than back in the day, DANGER!" argument. If you get higher in a higher altitude, then you'll probably just end up smoking less bud... Too logical right? Pretty sure any tourist making the trek to Colorado will be going with the expectation that they are getting premium potent bud, so they would probably have a hunch that they dont need to smoke as much as they do at home.

Besides do you know how much money tourists would bring to not just the weed businesses but hotels, restaurants, parks, etc. Weed tourism boosting the overall economy of Colorado will drastically shorten the amount of time until other states legalize. Other states are gonna want a piece if the profit is large. The sooner other states legalize the sooner you can be rid of the dreaded and oh so terrible tourists who would like to enjoy some legal bud just like you...

18. The residency requirement would pretty much go against "Regulating marijuana like wine" wouldnt it? Can you imagine the bitchin that would go on if you had to wait two years to buy some alcohol?

19. Damn straight!!!!!!!!

20. Some of you are really overthinking this. THIS IS ALL NEW PEOPLE. I don't blame the states one bit for taking precautions until it is rescheduled on a federal level or other states start to jump the bandwagon.

All I'm saying is that for now while things are still hot and heated, it's not a bad idea to just keep it local. How many tourists are going to buy it, and then drive across state lines and get pulled over with it?