Visiting Colorado to Toke?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Green Gooma, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Thanks, you've been very helpful.

2. #22 friedfever, Jan 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2013
    Bad intentions? Going there to smoke on holiday is "bad intentions"?
    Why a 2 year residency requirement? If I move there tomorrow and get a job there, I have to pay CO taxes immediately. Frankly, your whole attitude sucks.

3. lol, did i say going on a holiday is "bad intentions"? I could care less about all you tourist coming to simply go on vacation and maybe light up a doobie on the slopes, its the people who come with strictly pot based agendas.

Anne Frankly, I dont really care what you think of my attitude toward anything.

4. And if they come there with "pot based agendas" as you call it, why is that wrong?

5. Because theres too many people out there with said agenda, and one state can not hold them all.

6. #26 friedfever, Jan 6, 2013
    How do you know that? Is that based on any kind of statistic or just your fucked up attitude?
    It's not like CO is overrun with people, now is it. Besides, it's too early in the game to put limits (if there should be any limits at all) on the production of MJ.

7. Even the threat of residence requirement is just a threat,,it really depends on how many businesses realize how much tourism dollars they will miss out on by enacting such a law,,and greed will play a huge part in that,,the new prohibitionist organization headed by Patrick Kennedy is headed for Denver to kick off their campaign against marijuana legalization,,my bet is they will be campaigning for the residency restriction just to keep profits from marijuana legalization as low as possible,,then a DUI law,,they are federally funded .

SAM is their handle,,that is short for Simpletons and Morons.

8. I think Colorado may actually be on the right track here. At times the federal gov't has perpetrated the continued prohibition on marijuana by invoking the Commerce Clause of the U.S. Constitution. See Gonzales v. Raich (previously Ashcroft v. Raich), 545 U.S. 1 (2005). The United States Supreme Court ruled that under the Commerce Clause of the U.S. Constitution, Congress may criminalize the production and use of home-grown cannabis even where states approve its use for medicinal purposes. However wrong I think this is, it doesn't change the fact that it's now a legal precedent parented by the highest court in the country.

If weed from Colorado starts showing up in police evidence lockers in other states it's definitely going to get some negative attention. It would also give the fed more ammunition to begin knocking over dispensaries and growers across the state...and let's admit it, it definitely wouldn't be the DEAs first time. This would further hinder the legalization efforts of other states, who I'm sure are closely monitoring the situation in both Colorado and Washington and deciding their next steps accordingly.

The short of it is that Colorado is probably doing themselves and their pot smokers a favor by enacting something like this.

9. ""The short of it is that Colorado is probably doing themselves and their pot smokers a favor by enacting something like this.""

Yeah,,who wants any part of the 20 million dollars college students spend in the coastal cities every Spring Break and you know that if residency is required no Coloradan would ever slip so low to sell marijuana to any outsider,,,,prohibition is prohibition and any form of it underwrites the black market.

10. #30 JayBlizzle, Jan 6, 2013
    True that, brother! No arguing that they could be an economic beacon in this country by capitalizing on marijuana's true potential. But I think since this whole legalization thing is so new to everyone, especially the lawmakers in Colorado, they're all still testing the waters. It'll be a process. I doubt the legislation they have now will even look much like itself a year from now, or even 6 months. Hopefully, once Colorado's lawmakers get more comfortable with the new policies, they'll be more open to expanding on this new market. I'm really hoping Colorado's model is incredibly successful and opens up an avenue to legalization for other states to follow.

11. If only there was a way you could have your face put on a Colorado ID....

12. Why? You would just be breaking the law and that's the whole reason behind making MJ legal.....so you wouldn't have to break the law.

13. nahhh, i wouldn't go to colorado just to smoke, when i could smoke in my crib

14. Are you mad cause you cant smoke legal weed? Chill out, you dont see me saying your attitude is wrong. And yes, its not overrun in most areas, and thats the way we want to keep it. Have you ever been to Colorado? So gorgeous. You know how much of it there trying to ruin for development? Way too much. 2 states isn't enough to hold everyone wanting to be part of the mj business. Now I agree, there shouldn't be any limits when all states are in the same boat, but for now, if 2 states were the only completely legal ones, we'd get FUCKED with people pushing in. Sorry, but I dont have a fucked up attitude, just care about my surroundings.

15. I was gonna go to spring break there hopefully u don't have to be a resident

16. I've never smoked legal weed so it's no big deal for me. I was just commenting on your fucked up isolationist attitude. You don't have to worry about a huge rush of humanity to CO or WA. 99 percent of us like where we are at just fine. But if someone wants to go to either state to open an MJ business, who the fuck are you to deny them? America the free, remember.

17. All I'm trying to say is having the 2 year residency requirement is a great way to start out this whole "legal" thing. For now, I think its in the best intrest of fully legalizing weed for all 50. Its new, and we need to show this can be done smoothly; with pounds of legal colorado nug showing up all over the country, it wouldn't look so good. And its ignorant to think a good portion of people aren't looking at colorado as the go-to, thats the only reason so many people in colorado are nervous.

18. I live in NC and we grow some pretty righteous weed here already. Why would I go to CO just to get weed?

19. You wouldn't because thats really far away.

20. That's why legalize it everywhere!!! Haha