Vision AK-49 Auto Pyramid Auto NYC - 150 Watt HPS Grow (Updated PICS 2/18)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by AutoAntix, Feb 1, 2014.

1. #21 AutoAntix, Feb 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2014
    GroupShot_2-8-2014.jpg

Big picture update today, blades! Preflowers are on display on my 20 day old Pyramid Auto New York City and my 12 day old Vision Auto AK-49 is trucking along quite nicely. It will be a big week for both of my ladies beginning tomorrow. I'm excited but without further delay, here are my babies as of 2/8.

Auto New York City
    Diesel_2-8-2014_Preflowers.jpg Diesel_2-8-2014_Preflowers-2.jpg Diesel_2-8-2014-1.jpg Diesel_2-8-2014-2.jpg Diesel_2-8-2014-3.jpg Diesel_2-8-2014-4.jpg

Auto AK-49
    AK-49_2-8-2014-1.jpg AK-49_2-8-2014-2.jpg AK-49_2-8-2014-3.jpg

2. Gave both a watering after realizing it had been a few days. They'll thank me for it I'm sure.

3. Subbed! It looks like it is working well! I'm using cfls on mine right now untill they are bigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Thank you sir, every day is something new with these two. Really can't wait for buds to start forming. Good luck on yours! The 150 really makes a difference once you get em under there.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. I'm just waiting for them to get 4-5 nodes up then will put it in! They are looking great!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. GroupShot_2-9-2014.jpg

Just a little update. Lots of visible hairs popping up now, did some leaf tucking on the Auto NYC to try and get light to undergrowth without trimming or damaging my plant. AK-49 is as usual, trucking along. Interesting to note she may actually be outperforming my Auto NYC when it was the same age.

The Auto NYC is about 8.5 inches tall now and the AK-49 is around 6 inches. No solo shot of the AK today.

Auto New York City:
    Diesel_2-9-2014-1.jpg Diesel_2-9-2014-2.jpg

7. I added mine the other day, I have to admit it floods the room with light, way brighter than the CFLs I was running. Waiting to see the difference.

8. #28 AutoAntix, Feb 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2014
    It really is like a small sun just hanging out in your grow box/room every time you open the door. Give it a week and watch the results.

9. Your plants are growing great thats forsure! And fast.

Im curious as to what kind of HPS you have? Kind of bulb?

That soil mix definitely contributes.

10. It's a Sun System 150 Watt Grow System. I got it from Amazon and it came with the bulb and everything already screwed in. All I had to do was plug it in so I'm not sure about any of the specifics. I know it's putting out about 16,000 lumens. The soil is absolutely some of the best off-the-shelf organic stuff I've ever used, and it's pretty cheap!

11. Im useing a Gothem Hydroponics Digital Ballast kit, came with a reflector and bulb also.
    I dont remembet my lumens, but I remember the ballest being listed at %99 > efficient so I decided to try it out.

Its definitely bright.

12. GroupShot_2-11-2014.jpg

New Pictures! The Auto AK-49 is really starting to pick up now and my Auto NYC is just...well....great. Enjoy!

Auto AK-49:
    AK-49_2-11-2014-1.jpg AK-49_2-11-2014-2.jpg AK-49_2-11-2014-3.jpg

Auto New York City:
    Diesel_2-11-2014-1.jpg Diesel_2-11-2014-2.jpg Diesel_2-11-2014-3.jpg

13. My NYC is already about a foot. Its been growing an inch a day for the last couple of days. My AK is also growing at a faster rate lately. Just ordered some organic plant food to start feeding them in flower since I don't want to take any chance with the nutrient levels in the soil dropping over time. I'll post some more pictures this evening before lights out.

14. Still looking good!

15. Nice looking grow!

You picked a couple good auto strains too.

16. #36 AutoAntix, Feb 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2014
    Quickie update, lots of leaf tucking going on in the NYC:

GroupShot_2-12-2014.jpg Diesel_2-12-2014-1.jpg

Thanks!

Thanks, I appreciate that. I've done it as simplistically as I possibly could and so far it's paying off. The Auto AK was actually a freebie from the SSC when I ordered my five pack of the Auto NYC. When my one NYC seed died I just planted the AK for some variety. I also have a feminised Big Bud but I don't really have the room or time (read: patience) to grow a full sized plant. I might throw it in a pot outdoors and just let it rip all spring and summer.

18. I do enjoy the regular grows, but also enjoy feminized and autos as well.

I have 3 different auto strains (Blue Himalaya Diesel, Kandy Kush and Ultra Lemon Haze), then I have some dinafem Blue thai, Dinachem, and something else..i can't remember, I also have a few from G13 and delicious seeds and some bagseed I got from some mids I believe is from a diesel strain all waiting for me when I finish my contract here in Afghanistan. I'm hoping to get some seed while I'm here too!

19. Quite the personal seed bank you got going, I'm envious!

20. Mmmm, bud sites everywhere on my NYC. I believe my AK is also showing preflowers but no hairs yet. I want to fast-forward to the good part already!