Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

visine

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by tonyk313, Sep 7, 2006.

1. does anyone know if there is an alternative to visine that you can use with contact lenses????
    i wear contacts and i hate taking them out to put visine in. and i usually just put my contacts on over top and i know that cant be good.

And for some reason the visine for contacts does not work. (prob because it doesnt get to my actual eye)

:smoking: :smoking:

2. you already got the contacts in, just say they're iritating your eyes.

3. dont worry bro i got your back, get Opti-Free Replentish Rewetting Drops by Alcon. they work great and are safe to use with contacts, will not dammage the lenses or your eyes. i think you can get them at walmart and if not than im sure they have them at your local pharmacy

4. this bull is right^^

5. thanks bro

ill check that out:D

6. I was just saying today how much it would suck to have contacts because you cant put in eyedrops with them. Sorry

7. Oh crap, is using regular visine with contacts in unhealthy?

Because I've been probably doing it all summer...

8. yea i think it would fuck your shit up if you do it enough

i was doing it for awhile too but im going to do what Playadafila suggested

9. I have opti-free really dosent help get the red out for me just help my irritation,but I use Rohto or Visine and I've been wearing contacts for 7 years now Visine never fucked up my contacts only thing I noticed that it didnt get red anymore :p.

10. the opti-free works best is you put them in prior to your smoke session.

I am pretty sure that the astrigent in Rhoto-V fucks your shit up good if your wearing contacts.

^ nothing against rhoto-v, they are what i use when i have my glasses on, and they are the shit. they need to make a contact safe one.

11. visine = bad... remember the study that showed constant visine use over a prolonged period cause extremely prolonged redness in the eyes.. and i can prove this.. i used to use visine 2 tiems a day.. and now my eyes are always slightly red and a yellowish tint.. it is starting to go away seeing as i havent used it in about 9 months..

rhoto-v = amazing.. they actually burn a little,but that is short lived and followed by an amazing feeling, if you put them in without contacts but feels amazing if you leave the contacts in.. only need 1 drop per eye and it made my eyes COMPLETELY white and bluer than ever

and clear eyes= grrreeat.. 2 drops per eye and your set

and i truuuly dont think eye drops can actually fuck up your contacts..
    im almost positive the reason they say dont use with contacts is because "your contact acts like a resivoir (sp?).. and it keeps the solution against your eye and it will actually absorb into your contact"

the part in quotes i KNOW is true.. my eye doctor told me.. i just thiiiink thats the reason why

12. what do you mean will "fuck up your shit good"?

13. I pretty much use rhoto whenever and however, doesn't matter if i'm wearing lenses or not... i've never noticed any difference. :hello::smoking:

14. i used to use rhoto V everyevery this summer with contacts in, didnt take them out or anything and they seemed to do the job. the visine contact thing isnt made to relieve eye redness, its to help moisten the contacts so they dont dry out and some other stuff to the actual contacts, not your eye.

15. Yes.

Yep. It feels like your face is air conditioned for a good 5 mins.

... and Yes. I wear contacts. I use Rohtos probably twice a day and I'm all good for the bloodshot eyes, and my contacts don't fuck up either. Mad right again, + rep.

16. I have contacts and Visine for Contacts works fine for me.

17. Why is visine bad exactly? I've been using visine and contacts (not the "For contacts" version, the red-eye remover kind) for about 10 years and haven't had any issues.... What's the deal?

If i'm hurting my eyes, wouldn't i have felt it by now? Anyone have any scientific evidence?

18. the rhoto-v will deteriorate your lenses if used often, its not as much of a porblem as more you just need to change your contacts earlier

19. I don't think any eyedrop really hurts your contacts, as I've never seen any convincing evidence of it. Your contact isn't gonna know the difference between a drop and your normal tears.

Just like whomever said, prolonged use of Visine can change the appearance of your eyes. My father has been using Visine for as long as I've been alive and I'm sure even longer, and his eyes are a little bit off colored, when they get red they DO seem to stay that way longer than normal, and sometimes they look a bit abnormally glazed. His actual eyesight is still fine though, well it has diminished a bit but that's due to diabetis complications.

Rhoto V, all in all, is the shit. Nothing compares... I honestly put Rhoto V in sometimes just for the feeling, wether I was smoking or not. How many eyedrops do ya put in for fun, lol? They also work the best. I really don't care what anyone says, if you put a drop of Visine/Clear eyes in one eye, and a drop of Rhoto in the other, and wait... I will gaurentee the one you dropped the Rhoto in will either get white faster, or be much whiter in the end than the other eye. Usually both.... and if you start getting in to Rhoto-V Ice, then there's even less competition. Plus the bottle is tight :p

Rhoto-V Ice is the dank bud of eyedrops.

20. i might try that just to experiment