Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Visine/Clear eyes

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by andyGILL, Jun 17, 2008.

1. I've been smoking for 2 years now and I've noticed that my eyes only seem to go red when I get really high or when I get bong. If I smoke only a joint or a few pipe tokes then my eyes will stay white.

That's not the point of this thread though, I'm curious if there's any sort of tolerance you can build to either of these. Sometimes when I smoke visine won't work in one or both of my eyes. I'll have to wait for an hour or two and then re-visine when I am burning out and it works fine.

So tell me GC, is it possible to build a tolerance to visine or clear eyes? If no, how comes sometimes they won't do the job?

2. im assumin its different for all people. sometimes my eyes get red when im reeeealy baked, and sometimes theyre white. im chefin a blunt as im typing this. ill let you know how my eyes get after im donez0.

3. I used Visine in the beginning. After like 2 or 3 years i felt it kinda stopped working. Have been using clear eyes since then. It's been maybe 3 years and it still works fine.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::smoke:

4. well i never use any eye drops because eventally they make you get red eyes easyer so i never get red eyes when i smoke because i never use them but all of my friends get red eyes easy [they use eyedrops alot]

5. Rohto-V Cool or Arctic is bomb.

6. Clear Eyes > *

7. The blue one?

I bought some the other day, gonna try em tonight prolly or tomorrow

8. He's not asking for the best eyedrop, he's asking about tolerance...

Personally, my eyes developed a tolerance to visine after a few weeks of daily use. For me, it goes away after using something else. Meaning when Visine no longer works, all i have to do is use clear eyes once and then visine starts working again.

I prefer Rohto V Cool...but i have 4 different kinds in my car (Rohto V Cool, Rohto V Arctic, Visine, Clear Eyes) so i'm set :)

9. I'm going to try switching to Clear Eyes, I've only used it when I didn't have my own Visine.

I've never heard of Rohto V, what exactly is it? Just a "brand name" eye drop?

10. I am going to buy some of that Rohto-V tomorrow. As far as tolerance, I don't believe there is any but some may need more than others depending on how red your eyes are.

11. yeah it's weird for me sometimes too.....i've been baked out of my skull before and have had my eyes only a slight shade of pink, and then one time i hit a joint of mids 2 times and my eyes were a dark shade of red, but i wasn't even high really.

12. my biology teacher let me know what was up with eye drops and i don't use them anymore. forcing your blood vessels closed when they are in need of oxygen just isn't my bag.

''allergies''

13. This tolerance you speak of is non-existant.

However, there is such a thing as being too high for them to work. It really depends on your person.

Increase in blood pressure causes your "red eye" when smoking, they're not dry.Although eye drops are designed to constrict your blood vessels to reduce "red eye", they don't always work
    If the eye drops don't work, you're SOL, sorry bud.

14. i always use Clear Eyes and it always works

15. Same i usually use clear eyes before i start blazing so ur eyes never get red in the first place works great for me

16. i found the BEST BEST stuff ever the other day

ROHTO

8 dollars a bottle, burns like a mother fucker...makes your eyes PEARLY white after about 2 minutes...i did it before going to class and noone had any idea :smoking:

17. eah I went to school blazed as fuck one time and I forgot my visine.....

My bud walked up to me and just goes holy shit how much did you smoke?!?!

And Im like.....fuck..... and I went and looked and they were deep deep red - like that one pic ba1lz posted a while back with those gnarley eyes.

friend gave me rhoto v and my eyes were pearly white in under a minute

saved my ass

18. sometimes it can depend on the bud.
    i had and 8th of some afgan kush and i smoked about a gram by my self and my eyes were fine.
    but then ill smoke some mer and my eyes will be blazin like the sun.

19. i dont think you could build up a tolerance to one and not the other, because the main chemical which gives you the white is the same in both.