Virtual Sun Grow lights?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Whres, Jul 30, 2012.

1. How safe is it to buy from them? Meaning are their grow lights reliable or cheap crap? can't really find reviews on them

2. so nobody has any info or opinion on virtual sun????

3. which light are you gonna buy from them and how much are you gonna pay?

4. #6 Whres, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2012
    Yea that is a better deal so i guess the dimmer option is not that important?
    Never mind just saw that it does have a dimmer thanks for your imput im gonna get the one you showed me

5. Cheap lights seem to work good i know quite a few ppl with ebay cool tube packages just like those...just make sure whatever you get has a warranty

6. this.

i went with Apollos, got it including shipping for $200. Cooltube, mh and hps bulb, digital ballast, 2 pairs of yoyos, and a timer.

HPS was broken on arrival, they sent a new one out. Glad I went with one with a warranty, shit happens

7. I bought that same tent and the cheap plastic end hooks on the bars that hold your lights will break. Don't use them, instead you can simply replace them with chain from a hardware store.

8. well i dont know about iPower's warranty and i cant find any info about it

9. #12 govermint, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2012
    60 day warranty on it, I found their actually retail website:
    http://www.hpsgrowlightstore.com/

call em up and ask, whats it gonna hurt, also you could ask about extended warranty options if need be.

lol i would be sharpying those yellow stitches right quick xD

edit: oh damn there not stitches

10. thanks for the help on the lights. I cant use the tent though i need one with a vent on top for the fan and filter seeing as im gonna need the side vents for the cool tube.

11. You can get 2 flanges and make you own:smoke:

12. cut a 6in hole and attach the flanges? would their be any light leak or thats what duct tape is for

13. no you attach the flanges first back to back and then cut the hole out in the middle...no light can get in cause the ducts fit over the metal..you can do this with 4 and 6' flanges (or higher) and make holes for whatever...the tents cut easy with a utility knife

14. I.couldn't.imagine slicing open a tent i just dropped almost 100 bucks on, id say go with more reflection with an air cooled hood and throw up a couple 6 inch.clip fans and an inline fan

15. I wish there was more info in this thread, I am thinking about buying from as well. I can't find any negative press about them at all, and I buying one of their grow tent too.