Virginia is again considering Cannabis decriminalization

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Dogma1102, Dec 27, 2018.

1. This is now the third time. They say third time's a charm. I'm going on nothing more than pure hope so take my analysis with a grain of salt. But. There is somewhat some evidence they could, but the main issue isn't necessarily in relation to the evidence. So, virtually all runner-ups in the House entered the race as pro-cannabis to at least decriminalization, even the GOP. But, we have a separate committee that will review marijuana decriminalization before it even gets to the House. They have killed it both times already. The Courts of Justice Committee. Unfortunately, most of the people in are the same but there are some changes I believe. https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?191+com+S3

• Like Like x 1
  2. I really fucking hope they do. It'd be really nice to not have to skulk around like a criminal just to take my goddamn PTSD medication.

• Like Like x 2
  3. There is still some opposition from police departments and prosecutors in VA. Their main argument is that "We have been doing our best on highway safety and fighting drunk driving - why would we decriminalize weed and add onto the highway problems" Yeah, because they're such a problem to begin with.... and not like they can't get it regardless of the law, you just ruin a life.

4. I don't know about you guys but if I'm even remotely stoned and driving I drive the fucking speed limit like it's the end of the world. Probably could use more people running the limit out on the highway eh.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. I think that this time they will decriminalize marijuana because this situation is pretty ridiculous.

6. I was hoping so, but unless these exact same guys who previously opposed it last year change their mind, it probably won't happen it seems.... I'm still staying optimistic with all these new outlooks on weed and people finally seeing it for what it really is, and realizing it's more harmful to keep it illegal than to legalize it. But we'll see.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Apparently we have to wait till 2020 now. It’s basically already been rejected for decriminalization.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  8. Figures. The SAME Damn people rejected it. If it made it past this freakin Courts of Justice Committee, it literally would've passed the House no issue more than likely and continued on to the governor's desk for signature. These 7 or 8 people need to go. I think in 2020 they do if I recall right, and that's going to be our best shot.

9. Lol virginia will never legalize marijuana let alone decriminalize it like they do in washington DC. You will need a fucking civil war 2.0 if you want to get legaluzed weed in virginia. Were possibly the most anti weed state not just in the united states or in north america but in the entire western hemisphere. Good luck with this.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. #12 PopeyeSpinach, Jan 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    Sorry but in my opinion Texas, the Virginia's, the Carolinas, Alabama, and Georgia will be the holdouts against full on Rec. But of all those I would say Georgia would go first. Sorry you're just not going to get something else to smoke legalized in tobacco country. Lol

When I was in NC I couldn't even find a vape shop for my e-cig cuz they're so against that shit.

Virginia is one of those States I can see be complete cunts and try and make their own state-level laws against it if the fed legalized it

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Let's hope Heretick's bill passes

12. I really hope everyone in Virginia get legal access to medical marijuana and rec I know you heard this a million times but nobody should have the right to deny somebody medicine that actually works for a personal illness I think its not the 70s 80s 90s anymore the bullshit can't be pulled over our eyes anymore thanks to the internet we have scientific evidence at our disposal if the powers that be really give a shit about you it would have never be criminalised in first place were in 2019 and its illegal in most places in their world they make me sick to take away another human being right to a decent quality of life who the fuck made them god God bless you all having to suffer BC of this shenanigans war on drugs.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Ya i could really really use some nice chill indica...but all i have is sour diesel and half of a 1ml oil cartridge of tahoe og

14. VA just introduced a bill to legalize weed fully. Doubtful it'll go anywhere, but I do think this is the first time a full on legalization bill has been introduced in VA. That's a great sign.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Let's fucking go, Steve Heretick!!

• Like Like x 2
  16. why we could legalize in va.PNG

As you can see, this is the number of bills that were cannabis related introduced in 2018. Virginia is right there with Michigan, which fully legalized it, and even a little above Maine which also fully legalized it. A few more and it's at Colorado. Most on these list have legalized it. I have hope for VA!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. I fully believe cannabis is going to become our new tobacco. Watch what I'm saying. We gonna be riding by skunky diesel fields and shit within...20 Years. If that.

Wish they'd hurry the fuck up though.

• Like Like x 2
  18. All the VA bills got shot down.

• Like Like x 1