Virgin grow - Semi-stealth Barrister's Box

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by OneDayJD, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Seriously bro! I don't know what the deal is, but it can't be bad, right? Ideally, I'd like to veg another couple weeks (maybe 2 weeks) and then go to 12/12 (typo in my last post). BUT...I think these plants have about reached their capacity for these pots. The pots are pretty small. But hey, that's just another learning experience from my first grow. Oddly enough, I had a dream last night that I got bigger pots and went to transplant them and realized that it was a good thing I transplanted because they were on the verge of becoming root-bound. But hey, just a dream. Anyone else have any info as to why/how I'm getting these pretty buds already?

2. I thought mine died. Waited to long 2 flower and they started wilting. Had to just give regular water this time .:( but they perked back up!

3. I'm really liking this thread, though I must say I'm guilty of not paying too much attention to what's written. I did however notice your "problem", and my questions are... How long have they vegged, and have your strains auto flowering gene in them? If not, I have never seen plants still in veg with that many pistils. You're only supposed to get a few pre-flowers 3-4 nodes below the top, I think.

Have the light gone off or something while away? I can't really think of anything else...

4. No worries. I get caught up scrolling through to see what I'm looking for and end up missing a lot as well. To your questions...
    They have been vegging about 3.5 weeks, give or take a few days (my binder with my calendar and all my info is at home, I'm at work). And there hasn't been any light issues to my knowledge. Now, sometimes I remove the plants from the box to do various maintenance things such as trim or mostly LST. But when I remove them from the box, it's ONLY during the light period, and even then they're still under lights because obviously I can't do it in the dark. So I don't think there has been a light issue. The only way there has been a light issue is if the power tripped at some point while I was out of town or at work, but even so I don't think that's happened. As far as auto...I really don't know. I didn't think so but then when I thought about it more, I really have no way of knowing since these are all bagseed. I guess it's possible. Regardless, I'm going to veg another week or two (really until another paycheck when I can afford the flower CFLs) and then go to flower and just ride it out. This is my first grow. My next grow will be in my new, completely tight butthole, dual chamber box. I will still use CFLs in the new box simply because I can't afford anything more than that. But I am going to pack more watts in there. I have high hopes for my new box. And I can guarantee you it will be tight butthole because I am OCD as fuck.

5. Dudes! I am amazed at the resiliency of these little plants. Honestly, I was pretty excited yesterday when I got back and saw the baby colas, but moreso I was pretty depressed at how shitty the girls were looking. But I did some re-training, some feeding, some trimming, and some general T.L.C. last night and when I got home from work a couple hours ago I checked on them and wow! They're like new plants. All the big and small fan leaves were saggy, droopy, and basically had no life in them last night, save for the good color. But today they're as perky as ever! And I swear they grew a half inch in 24 hours. I can't tell you how pleased this makes me. I thought I was falling into the beginner's rut and was going to lose the whole crop last night but tonight I have a new-found confidence in the grow as a whole. Plus I'm baked out of my skull right now so it's probably HIGHperbole. Couple of things I've noticed and figured out and a question or two...

1) I've found a great watering technique that works great for me. It may not work for others but it works great for me. I drink a shitload of Gatorade. I know it's not the best for me but it's better than downing soft drinks or coffee. Anyway, I've slowly amassed three each (perfect since I have three plants) of the pint sized, one quart sized, and two quart sized bottles. So I keep all of them filled with water at all times in the room where the box is to keep it room temperature, and with the lids off for any chlorine to evaporate. And then since I have all three sizes I can better gauge how much each plant is drinking per feeding. I've even drilled some holes in some of the tops so I can sprinkle it on gentler than just pouring a strong stream in #that'swhatshesaid.

2) We have an aquarium in our house. In having said aquarium, we also have this liquid we put drops of in the aquarium water. It says on the bottle is "removes chlorine, chloramine, and ammonia." It also says it "detoxifies nitrite and nitrate." Finally, it says it "provides slime coat." Should I put this in my water I water my plants with? I worry about the "slime coat" part. My ph of my tap water is great, right around 6.5-6.8 (I'm growing in soil). So I also don't want to use this if it's going to screw with my ph.

Thanks, blades!

6. That's great man! I really hope you'll have a rich and bountiful harvest. To respond to my previous post, I must say I didn't read the fact that your seeds are bagseeds! I know, I know. Should have read, but hey :) This leaves me thinking that these plants must be auto's or something? They're not lowryders, right? Because I think people can cross plants in order to "steal" genetic values, such as auto flowering... If they're auto's, they will automatically flower after reaching a certain height (If I'm not mistaken).

I'd like to say this before I post anything else, I'm no grower yet, but I'm reading a lot in the meantime. So Anything I say may only work well in theory, from my studies...

That being said, I'd advise you not to use that aquarium thing in your water. I too am worried about that last thing it did or provided, but as well as it will probably change the pH in the water. Adding nutes also changes the pH, so why wouldn't this... It sounds like the "24 hour" water method's working just fine for you? (Evaporating the chlorine in the water) It's free, and it does nothing bad to your plants, so that's what I'd do :) You could however try and report back, but it wouldn't really be easy to tell if it did remove the chlorine efficiently without adding side-effects...

Keep us updated! Peace.

7. All good bro. Yeah, I'm thinking it may be an auto. BUT...it's just this one plant. Because my bagseed I have been collecting kind of got mixed so these three didn't necessarily come from the same stash. And the budding is only on the one plant, so maybe it's the only auto. As for lowryders, I'm not sure on that either. Also, I'm not familiar with lowryders AT ALL. I assume that they're genetically engineered to be smaller, shorter plants? I will probably do some quick research on them at some point today. Also, I think I agree, and I am going to hold off on that aquarium stuff. My ph is good right now straight out the tap, so I may as well not screw that up. As you mentioned, the only time my ph gets all wacked out is when I add nutes. I've been getting by using baking soda to adjust it after nutes. But I know I can't keep using this because I can building salt deposits. I've only used it twice and will only use it one more time, max, I'm just waiting on a paycheck so I can order some legit ph adjuster. Thanks for the advice!

8. Then I'm definitively thinking it's an auto. Lowryders are I guess a nickname for the less known variety of cannabis called Ruderalis. It's a very tiny, and low yielding plant, sharing some of the indica plant's values, like stoney high, broad leaves etc.

I'm not entirely sure about this part, but I do believe lowryders/dwarfs/ruderalis or whatever the name may be, they auto flower. If this is wrong, I'll eat my words for sure. If this is incorrect, lowryders must be genetically altered or something.

The baking soda is nice, but I'd be careful, like you said. Get some good pH + and pH - (If you want to be really clever, buy four different kinds, + and - for vegetative growth, and + and - for flower).

You're welcome, and keep us updated! Peace.

9. Yeah, everything I've read says the lowryders are autos. So you right dog. And I'll probably just get ph+ since I don't think I'll ever have to bring it back down. But the nutes do cause the ph to bottom out a good bit so I will really only need ph+.

Also, when you gonna start growing! Props to you for doing your research first. I was the same way. I spent almost a year off and on researching on here before I started growing. And even though I have my hiccups and bumps in the road, it has made it a lot easier. You sound like you've done a good bit of research. It's refreshing to see a rookie that knows his shit. I get so bored with people that their first post on this board is something to the effect of, "what kind of lights do I need?" Or, "What's the difference between veg and flower?" I'm like come on bros, take a little initiative. You've done your homework. I tip my cap to you, sir.

I'm ordering seeds for my new box once I get it going so hopefully my next grow will be next to perfect!

10. Well, I couldn't agree with you more!

I quite recently discovered that I LOVE to learn. Through smoking the amazing herb, I developed this healthy respect for the nature and everything green. I started reading about it, and I'm at the stage where I could easily start to grow, as I've got quite a bit of theoretical knowledge. My current living situation though, is (sadly) living in my mother's house. I've been busted a few times for smoking, and I'm t-breaking it out until the summer, as I'll be moving out.

I'm about to finish school now, and then I'll be an electricians apprentice (18 yo as of now). I will then be able to provide for myself.

My personal opinion of people these days, is that they're too lazy. I think it's actually somewhat joyful to read about the thing I love, and it might lead you onto something you'll enjoy doing for the rest of your life.

I too, tip my cap to you. It might sound weird, but I've got this sense about this thread. I like the good energy. Most people write sloppy, half finished sentences filled with idiotic acronyms.

Peace, and keep it green brother.

11. Thanks. This thread is my house and I like to keep a tidy, pleasant home. I've had a streak of good luck this week with everything from random shit to my grow. And tomorrow could be a pivotal point in my life. Tomorrow the bar exam results come out. So I could officially be a lawyer tomorrow, or I could spend the next three months studying 14 hours a day to take a three day exam AGAIN. NOT something I want to do again. Suffice to say, I've been shitting bricks for a few weeks now and tomorrow is the culmination of 3.5 years of school, plus three months of 14 hours a day of studying. I've never been so anxious for anything in my life. If I get good news tomorrow, my life can proceed forward at full speed. Not to mention, I can devote more time and energy to my grow without being preoccupied with stress and anxiety. Keep your fingers crossed!

12. Good luck bro! Hope you pass it! Could use some intelligent ppl in law! Asked for a jury trial on my ticket from last week so hopefully I'll get a fair trial. Fucking city cops!:(

13. Yeah man, good luck with it. How are you going to proceed? Are you going to appear pro se (representing yourself) or you getting a public defender?

14. How do I get a public defender?

15. Actually, in hindsight, I'm not sure if you can get a public defender for an open container ticket. Was it open container or public consumption? Regardless, I'm not sure if you can get one for either. If you are able to get one, it costs like a $40 clerical fee or something. But you can call the clerk's office at the court where your ticket is, which I'm assuming is either the city court or central court. However, regardless of allllllll of that rambling...if it were me, regardless of whether I had a law degree or was an atty or anything, I would try to get in touch with the cop before the trial date and see if you can work something out. These cops have slammed schedules and quotas to meet. They hate going to court for trial and are usually willing to work something out. I don't know what outcome you're looking for but hopefully he would be willing to either drop it out right or let you pay it and have it expunged from your record. So that's my advice (if you're looking for any): talk to the cop. Be polite, apologetic and respectful, and it shouldn't be a problem. Good luck.

16. Thanks man I'll give it a try.:)

Back 2 bud... I got some cloudy ass trichs man!:)
    Getting close!

17. Those buds are looking man, keep it up!

:bongin:

18. Dude that is so sick. I can't wait until I get to that point. What are you feeding with during flowering? Anything? Also, did you get a pocket scope or jeweler's scope or the like to look at trichs? I've got to get a new camera. Obviously my money is going into my grow(s) first, but my little digital camera has given me years of great service, time to move on.

Thanks, brother! Looking forward to reaping the product of all this work! Thanks for stopping in.

Also, nothing much to report on today. Plants are looking great. Really the only time I have issues is when I leave them and go out of town a few days. Thankfully, I'm staying in town this weekend so I can give them some TLC. Also, if the weather holds up and I get some cash, I'm going to start construction of my new dual chamber box this weekend! Cheers, blades.

19. I bet your box is gonna be sick as fuck! The one you got now is bad ass just not big enough for a lot play or moving and moooore ladys! How is the flowering plant you got coming along? Has it started getting sugar leaves yet? Got a loupe from hobby lobby. $10 not bad.

Also I feed them unsulfured blackstrap molasses , earth juice bloom, and earth juice catalyst. The molasses itself is a catalyst but I figured I'd mix it up a bit.;) still learning their limits.

20. Sooooooooo? Did you pass that mother or what? That sounds intense though. I'm studying too, but not nearly as hard as you. I'm just so amazed by this. You're a lawyer (hopefully), and I'm an aspiring electrician. Our lines of work are very different, but I feel that people these days could turn the whole stoner image around. I do hope so, because "we're" not like every other dumbass who smokes and doesn't give two shits about anything.

Those people who simply do not give a fuck in this life, would not have given a fuck with OR without weed. It's simply a pathetic excuse against marijuana.

Keep it up bro, and keep it green.