Virgin grow - Semi-stealth Barrister's Box

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by OneDayJD, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Yea man I agree. Does have a lot of shit and that is a possibility of a sting for sure. Just saw it on there and thought it was worth mentioning. How the lady's doing? My room has been hot as fuck ! Can't wait till I get my exuast . Got a tip on here that home depot sells 4ft wide 8ft tall Mylar insulation board for 10$ a board. Gonna check it out and make some drastic changes 2 my room after harvest. Don't know what my yield is gonna be cause if the heat but I'm excited watching them frost up!;)

Placed another seed order. Here is what a got on the way.

1 white widow
    1 red dragon
    1 blue rhino
    1 blackberry
    1 black jack auto
    1 freebie carmolicous
    1 freebie sensi star

Really anxious to start with the auto and the white widow! :)
    Got all color names cause my girl helped pickem out! Lol
    Later bro!

2. Damn, G! That looks awesome. I'm ready to order some seeds too. I was going to wait to see if the single seed bank offers any 4/20 specials. Do you think they will? I can't decide what I want. I had it narrowed down to a few sativas, a few indicas, and some blends I liked. But then I started reading reviews of the particular strains on another site, and I'm a little wary now. But I'm almost willing to say fuck it and give it a try anyway. Let me know how you like that auto. I have no desire to try an auto yet. I just like the idea of having more control over the grow. If you yield more than you can handle, I will gladly get your surplus for a nominal fee! Peace brother.

3. Lol right on! Yea my girl liked the thought of an auto so what the lady wants she gets!:)
    She cleans my cloths and pipes lol!

You gonna be able to do a sativa strain in your box along side a indica?
    I hear the sativas stretch Like a mother.

Oh and on the 4/20 seed note! I e been reading attitude seed is the place to order in 4/20.
    Ppl saying they got crazy good promos! You should check it out.

4. Oh yea and was just curious what u went to school for? Something law? Just curious because of the scales and brasco handle.:)
    Peace

5. I was worried about the stretch from the sativa as well. I just wanted to have one of each. I guess I could LST the tee-total-shit out of her, but I may not mess with it. I prefer the sedative high of indicas to the stimulant high of sativas anyway.

As for school...undergrad was journalism, but then I went to law school and got my Juris Doctor. So, whereas my handle is "OneDayJD," I guess it could now just be J.D. since I now have my Juris Doctor.

And what Brasco handle? Is my email name Donnie Brasco? Could be, I use the DB handle often.

6. Yep and that would explain it.:)

Sativas also stretch 2 2 3 times it size in flower from what I understand. Guess u would have to nail that bitch down 2 grow it in a box lol!

7. Hey mate, great growlog! lovin it... I do however feel like I've got to mention that the Vape you made, with PVC was genius. BUT! If your PVC reaches 70 degrees celcius, it releases a VERY toxic gas... So make sure it doesn't, okay? Peace and love, keep it green brother!

8. Thanks, brother. Thankfully the way I made it, the PVC receives little to no heat. The ONLY hot part is the metal tip of the soldering iron. Good lookin' out though.

9. Yea man u gotta show me how 2 make that shit!
    That would probably be a cool thread 2 start. DIY vaporizer...hell yea!:)

10. Yeah dude, it's simple as hell. I borrowed the idea from a random site I found one day. But it's only solidified the fact that I want a legit vape now. Trying to talk my roommate into buying one with his tax returns.

11. Yea I've been smoking for years now and have never even used one. Hear they are bad ass though.

12. So I'm starting to have a problem. I really really really need to get these girls into bigger pots. The pots they are in right now are probably only a couple gallons. They're probably 6-8 inches tall by 8 or so inches wide at the top. I love these pots and they've got good drainage, but I need bigger. Only problem is, I have very limited space with three plants right now. I was sort of banking on at least one, if not two, of the plants being males and then when I removed them I would have more room in the box. I am building a new box (dual chamber for veg and flower) but it's probably at least 3 weeks out from being built and ready for growing. To put the size of my current box into perspective, if I was using 5 gallon buckets (which is what I would use if I had my choice), I would only be able to fit one (1) in the box. If I went with 3 gallon pots, I could probably fit two (2), but I'm not sure because I haven't seen a 3 gallon so I'm not sure of its dimensions.

Honestly, at this point, I don't have much of a choice other than to leave them in these smaller pots. I realize I will be sacrificing growth, but until I remove one or more of the plants, I don't have a choice unless someone can suggest an alternative. Hey, Ginger, maybe I'll just rent some grow room space from you, haha.

In the future, when I get into my next grow in the new box, I will probably use 5 gallon buckets and just concentrate on one plant at a time. Essentially, I will have multiple plants going, but only one in a 5 gallon in the flower chamber at a time. Then, when I harvest that, I'll move one from veg into flower and keep the rotation going ad infinitum. Furthermore, I will continue to use these pots in the future, but just for babies and early vegging.

Bottom line...it sucks, but I'm doing the best I can under the current circumstances. I'm also running out of vertical space because of the light traps on the fans. So I am LST'g the shit out of them. I started out using the pipe cleaners. But last night I spent about an hour with all three girls tying them down all over the place. I've found that becoming adept at LST'g takes time and it's all about trial and error. I like the learning process of it and the challenge at opening up new paths for light to hit the lower nodes and creating an even canopy. It's a never-ending learning process!

13. Right on with the learning process ! I'm with u on that one bro!:)
    Why dont u go ahead and switch 2 flower? In the mean time build the box you're planning on with the two chambers . Just make it to suit your needs now that you have an idea of the space you'll need.

14. I guess I could. But I just really don't want to go to flower this early. I know it will kill my yield like whoah. I'm gonna keep vegging and tying the bitches down as much as I can. I'd like to veg another couple weeks before going 12/12. I'll keep you updated.

15. I think I got a dead or dying leaf. Can't decide if I should just cut it off or not. And if I should cut it off, how I should do it. Cut it at the base where it meets the stem? Should I just snip it? Or make it clean and neat with a razor blade? I wish I wouldn't over-think the shit out of these things. Here's a detailed explanation and a picture in the sick plants forum:

http://forum.grasscity.com/sick-plants-problems/1035388-doctor-leaf-issue.html

16. Bro I've been snipping fan leaves left and right . Don't know if it's the heat but I got leaves wilting up on me . The buds look real good though! Sooo ... How about a cracker got put in hand cuffs 2 night! Wtf ! In five points walking with a drink with my girl and this gun ho faggot ( no offense to gay ppl) ass cop puts cuffs on me for walking down the fucking street with a mixed drink! Gotta go to court wed! Fucking rookie ass mother fucking pig shit mOther fucker! Eat shit bitch! Lol sry had 2 get that out.:)

17. Damn dude that sucks. What were you charged with? Open container, I assume? City cop too? are you just going to pay it or you want to get it dropped? Let me know if you need some help. You have my email...

18. Thanks bro! Yea I'm just gonna pay it . Mother fuckers righting bs tickets and putting me in cuffs for chugging my drink. I payed for the shit! Lol anyways man I got your email and I'll get those dimensions some time this weekend. Gotta work graveyard shift this whole weekend and that's when my lights are on . Might have 2 give it to you Monday when I get up. Going 2 sleep off this fucking hangover now.:(

I shoulda just smoked a joint. Later bro

19. Was out of town a few days this weekend and came back to some thirsty looking girls. They looked like shit. A lot of the big fan leaves were laying around, sagging. I trimmed off some of the big ass fan leaves from the bottom because they weren't doing anything except flopping around and blocking light to some of my lower bud sites. I fed them last night. Went 1/2 strength on the Big Bloom and the Grow Big since I didn't see any burn at 1/4 strength last time. Also...check out the pics I attached. I noticed some pretty little colas forming on one of my girls. I'm still in veg, haven't gone to 18/6 yet. Weird that this one has got these little colas and the other two do not. But I'm encouraged. These are good, right? I'm sure it's not definitive proof that it's a female but it's good, right? Check out the pics.

Attached Files:

20. Damn that plant looks like u got it on 12/12. I wonder how that happend. Don't know maybe you've been treating them so good they wanna thank you with early bud!:)