Virgin Grow Questions

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Essemkay, Jun 1, 2020.

1. I don’t saturate the entire pot because that would be way too much water I put the water directly around the base of the plant so it goes directly down to the root if I was to saturate the entire top of the coco wouldn’t it drown my plants? The autopots are like 4-5 gallons and my plant are only about 4 in tall now.

Also, Remo has the feeding charts on every bottle which I have used to a T in regards to the ml/g in my reservoir but my EC has been ridiculously high, so no idea how to get that number down. I don’t even have the system on yet as I’ve been advised to wait.

2. "Over watering " ganja is almost impossible mate.
    Otherwise hydroponics wouldnt exist.
    You can grow a 1lb plant in nothing but a 1inch sponge and a 20L bucket of water if you want.
    Coco is also hydro by the way.

The problems soil growers get when they water too much are caused because their media is too dense.
    It doesnt hold oxygen very well so their plants suffocate.
    They dont drown.
    The lack of oxygen is the problem, not the volume of water.

Coco is nice and fluffy so it holds oxygen really well. Meaning that upto a certain point, the more often you water the more air they get.
    1-2 times per day of full saturation for veg then as high as 4-6 times per day for bloom if you want.

If you let it dry out the nutes turn back into salts and build up.
    Make a batch of nutes. Check the ppm and ph then run it through the pot.
    Collect the first 200ml of run off and check the numbers for that and youll be able to see it for yourslef.

My profile pic was 22oz. Grown in a 4inch grow cube that was fed 500 litres per day from 20l res with a recirc pump.

The first rule of hydro growing is never, ever, ever do anything that soil growers do.
    What works for them is bad for us and what works for us kills theirs in a week.

Re the feed.
    Honestly mate. Use their ratios of a-b-c etc but you need to dial it back.
    They tell you to use 5 x the dose so you spend 5 x more money.
    The only way to possibly tell how much a plant actually needs is by growing with the roots in a reservoir.
    We measure the fluctuations in the feed so anyone whos half decent with a res knows a fuck load more about dosages than anyone youll encounter that works for a nute company.
    Theres the odd, very rare acceptions but 97.96 % of them are just interested in your money.
    You feed them too much so need more products to balance it out.
    You slow down growth from over feeding so you need to use more products for even longer.
    By the time the plants are big enough to handle the recomended doses without it frying them, youll be 4 months into veg with a plant the size of a 4 week old.
    The doseage stops harming them so you assume you finally got it right but its still 4-5 times more than they need.
    The rest is just going to waste.

200ppm for seedlings.
    500ppm for veg.
    Upto 800ppm for full bloom.
    And if your plants go hungry at that then youre onto a winner as you can easily finish a 5oz plant perfectly without ever going over 500ppm.

3. Thanks for this info. Aside from an aloe Vera plant, I’ve never grown anything indoors. Like I said, I have no idea what I’m doing.

All the information I am finding is super conflicting and I am very much a follow directions type of person. Everything I’ve been reading has been saying you’re still in seedling stage you don’t need a lot of light and they don’t require any nutrients and not a lot of water DON’T TURN ON YOUR SYSTEM.

I can’t even find anyone to agree when the plant actually reaches veg state. People are saying when the cotyledons fall off is when it hits veg, if that is the case, only one plant has browning cotyledons, they’re all still attached. They all have 10-13 leaves coming off of them which conflicts with the people saying veg state is when you start growing leaves.

So I don’t even know which growth state I’m in. I feel a bit cheated because I’m in Week 4 and my seeds say 9wks til harvest and I haven’t even turned my system on yet, so am I going to end up hand watering these forever? What was the damn point in buying an expensive ass grow kit, if I’m treating this like soil growing? I don’t get it and I know everyone is different, but I need this medication. I can’t even purchase anything in my state right now, so I can’t afford to fuck this up.

4. That is the most important thing you just said there mate.
    Youre not growing in soil.
    Youre growing hydroponics.
    Following any sort of practices that soil growers do is extremely bad for you.

5. #25 Bigdaddy76, Jun 11, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
    You need to get laid so you’re not a virgin grower anymore!

6. I know, but this is info I’m finding on hydro sites, so it’s really confusing. It’s all conflicting. If I’m not ready to turn on my system when do I do that and what is the point of even using one if I’m already 4wks in a 9wk grow and it’s still not ready to be used/ I’m still hand watering them?

7. I don’t have a problem in the physical intimacy department. I have a problem in the growing weed department and needing medication that I can’t purchase anywhere, so my only resort is to grow it department.

8. I was attempting to be funny!

9. how the plant doing?