Viparspectra led's

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by dubs_okaygo, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Im paying 120 for the light and warranty together . Its still 30$ cheaper than the viparspectra and I'm on prime so I'll have it in 2 days when I order so no complaints here

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

2. I veg a few in my spare Bath Tub too! lol
    My tent is a mess (3x3x6). I flower 4 plants since I grow a few strains at once:) Too crowded, but I have 2x 6" fans + 1x 6" 450cft/min exhaust..Using passive intakes by opening an opposite lower vent.
    Oh well WTF..It is working for me..LOL

Here is my present grow 38 days in..
    Those biggies on the right are GDPs and despite all my training..Over 3 ft tall now..Ugggh

I do move lights around..In this Picture I Had switched to the UnitFarms and the Nextlight Mini (Burple on the left is the UF and the white light on the right is the NLM..(I am testing the UF light for the Manufacturer)
    The Meizhis are doing time 8-23-17.JPG over the Bath Tub and a closet I use for vegging (MY GF is Pissed at me..LMAO)

3. You'll love it!! I assume you got the one they had in a damaged box?? I wait for deals like that!!
    Picked up a LightmeTunnel (the name sux) Dimmable 300 (probably a Galaxyhydro) Reg for $89..got it for $45 missing the power cord and orig box..Works just fine and I have loads of PC cords..Sooooo..
    Hahhahhah

4. Lol idk I think I just get deals since I have Amazon prime :)

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I can see some of you guys are experienced so i have a question. I also have a Viparspectra led light that has separate switches for veg and bloom. I was just wondering if there is any benefit in having both switched on (in a the more light the better way of thinking) or if the plants won't use any of the additional light due it it being the wrong colour and it just being a waste of electricity?

6. Most led lights are better off with both switches on. What many manufacturers are not that good at telling people is when you have only the veg switch on only about half the leds are working. The light only puts out half the power. I bought a platinum p450 for my veg area a couple of years ago. It was a 255 watt led light but with only the veg switch on it's 137. Very underwelming growth from only 137 watt light if you have any kind of larger space.

At full power with all the switches on it was actually able to cover the area. The purpose of a more blue leaning spectrum is to limit stretch in veg. Red will actually completely outgrow blue but at a longer node spacing. LED's tend to prevent stretch anyway compared to HID's full spectrum or not. The veg switch is more marketing with leds then anything.

They're good for limiting power when the plants are young.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Wow dude, that is very helpful. Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  8. I use a VIP 600w to Veg 9 plants at a time and use both switches on.. I also was curious about the light when only one switch was on. Here's a picture of the ones vegd under the Viparspectra.
    Only used it with the veg switch on they did great!! But like Tbone said above.... you get more power using both...so more power = better growth!!

Attached Files: