Vintage seeds.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by bllhr, Mar 2, 2017.

1. I was cleaning out some boxes yesterday and found 4 seeds in a metal tin. The box was stuff from the early 80's Wow! If I remember right they were from some bud I scored in Hawaii while stationed there and that box has not been touched since then. They are in the dixie cups after a warm water soak and I will update if they come up.

• Like Like x 11
  2. Hey If you germ successfully are you planning to produce pure seeds? If so let's talk! I would love vintage hawaii beans. To add to my collection

• Like Like x 3

3. Got my fingers crossed, I would love to put them by themselves with some romantic light and well you know the rest. Wont know for a week or so if they were any good.

4. Really interested please keep us updated

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I have to keep myself from checking them every 15min too.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Good stuff! I'm following this thread

7. Very interesting! Hope they pop

8. These were in my old, well then was new, dive watch box. We were off the coast of Hilo, I was pissed because I forgot to wear my new very expensive watch and we were hanging in the boat after the dive. My bud gave me a bud and said to crank one up and chill out. In the box went the scraps and seeds. I remember because we were shipping out the next day to dry land and diving was out for a while. That's why I was pissed. The box got eventually tossed into in a closet at my dads after I got home and there they stayed till the estate sale last week.

Were he got them I don't know, but he was one big bad ass homegrown Samoan GySgt, so my guess is it came out of his backyard. Sad he died in a car crash, I miss him.

I will give it about two weeks or so and I will have sprouts or do a autopsy on one. I will update then.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Thats a great story, sorry to hear about your father. Keep us posted!

10. Maybe a sign of luck? I put a hermie White Widow seed outside in a cup two months ago, she has been thru hard freezes, pouring rain and even some snow. I gave up on anything coming up long ago, I brought the cup in and put her in the 37 year old Hilo nursery to warm up so I could start a auto seed in her place and look what I found this morning!
    Nothing on the old Hilo seeds in the other the four cups, but this proves, never give up.
    I have a White Widow illegitimate grand baby!!!!

IMG_3934.JPG

IMG_3933.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  11. Any update on those vintage beans?

12. Nothing today, If the sun ever comes out again I am going to put them in the radiation for a awhile.
    Still fingers crossed.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mother plant coming

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  14. Hey i dont know if this will help but I heard putting them in hydrogen peroxide mix may get them to open.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Also Gibberellic acid is know to get the toughest seeds to germinate supposedly.

16. I will have to look into the acid, I never heard of it before, they got some hydrogen peroxide mix water yesterday. I wont give up hope for months, my wife thought me that. I told her she was crazy putting some seeds we had, I thought were bad, outside in dixie cups in the winter. Tried everything, nothing worked would not germ inside. Told her fine, if they come up I will buy her restaurant dinners for a week. They sit there for two months, three out of 5 came up on a sunny day. A Cindy 99, Blueberry came up first and a White Widow came up three days later. All hermie seeds but free genetics no matter how you look at it.
    I was wrong, she was right, she reminds me of that every time she orders.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Lol thats awesome props to your wife.

• Like Like x 1
  18. While doing a autopsy on the cups I found this on the third one.
    The rest were black and dead.
    That right there is a three decade old seedling.

IMG_3997.JPG

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1