Video: Schwarzenegger on legalizing marijuana

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by capolitics, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger said today that while he remains "basically" opposed to legalizing marijuana for recreational use, he's looking forward to a debate on the issue. Continued @ California Politics

2. Woah, its been months since hes pretty much said the exact same thing.
    Whens this debate going into action?

3. I love Arnold. So much more intelligent than most people give him credit for.

4. Yeah I agree, he has been saying this for months. When's the damn debate already!?

And I'm pretty damn sure he supports legalization. The dude smoked out with Tommy Chong!

5. Well said. He's a good guy. You never know...he may support it, he may not. Maybe he is trying to get a nice debate going to push it to legalization ;)

6. As a politician he's required to be "against" it but you're kidding yourself if you think he's honestly against legalization. He's a politician being a politician, but when public support is on marijuana's side so will he be. Just hope something happens before he's kicked out of the office.

7. fuckin make it happen Arnold.

You're the goddamn governor, how hard is it to get a few guys in the same room and talk?

8. for real. you just gotta think that he has an image to uphold, so he cant go out and say he is "directly FOR legalizing" you know? that couldnt tarnish his image politically.

but im happy that hes atleast open to the idea, and he says hes open to the idea. thats what matters. to many politicians are to busy sucking the dicks of the lobbyists for those extra dollars.

do your thing arnold. i mean, you were the fucking terminator. who can stop you? :)

9. I'm not sure why he's worried about "tarnishing" his image. His approval rating is already low as hell, it could only get higher if he made a push for legalization. Plus he can't run again anyway since he's used up his time, so I'm not sure what he's worried about. If he's for legalization, which it seems he very well might be, he needs to come out FULL FORCE and try and get something figured out before he's out of office.

If he becomes the first governor ever to help a state legalize cannabis, he's going to be a folk hero among cannabis consumers for years and years to come.

10. Blah blah blah. He said this MONTHS ago. No action still.