VIDEO:Romney:Corporations are people too

Discussion in 'Politics' started by weednotcrack, Aug 12, 2011.

1. VIDEO: Romney: Corporations Are People Too | Mother Jones

"At an Iowa State Fair appearance Thursday morning, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney responded to a heckler who was calling for increased taxes on corporations by summoning his inner John McCain. "Corporations are people, my friend," the GOP presidential candidate said. "

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlPQkd_AA6c&feature=player_embedded]Romney: Corporations Are People, My Friend. - YouTube[/ame]

"Romney, who won the Ames Straw Poll in 2007 but is skipping it this year, spoke for about 20 minutes at the Des Moines Register's state fair soapbox. In line with conventional wisdom that the New Hampshire primary-which, unlike the Iowa caucuses, is widely regarded as a must-win for Romney-is more focused on fiscal policy than social issues, Romney spent the entire time focused on the economy."

2. So if they're people can we lock them all up in prison if they commit a crime?

3. ^ And not go after the everyday Joe?! If only we could lock them up like that though.
    I lol'd at Romney trying to make it seem like it's for the benefit of the people and not corporations.

4. He just gave a good reason not to vote for his sorry ass...:cool:

Any forked tongue scum from DC that hisses that sort of crap deserves death.:mad:

Let's all hope he gets what he deserves...as well as the other 536 redcoats.:devious:

5. Yeah, I don't think many people are going to vote for him after he made that statement. But I don't think we should start a angry mob and kill him, that's just going a little to far. Just don't vote for him:laughing: hahah, oh man. If say stuff like that you might get the F.B.I. or C.I.A. to monitor this site or something :laughing:

6. you'd be surprised...... real surpirsed

"would you let your daughter date a corporation, sir?!" -colbert

7. When he said corporations are people too, i got that warm fuzzy feeling inside ( Like in bambi) and cried.

On a different note, i heard that he had planted these people in the crowd and most of this shit was scripted.... but who knows/

8. LOL! I remember that episode :laughing: It's discrimination I say,DISCRIMINATION~!:laughing: J/k xD On last night's episode of the colbert report, he talk about that and say something about a oil rig drill someone's daughter. It was hilarious :laughing:

9. Lol! Your right, It was me who yelled "In their pockets!" :laughing: You caught me :eek::laughing: Nahh, I'm just messing around. They could have. I don't know, I just don't know!:cry:

10. i would have shouted out the money goes into your pocket, asshole

11. If you study corporate law, this wouldn't be a profound statement. Either way, don't vote for Romney.

12. they said he did it on purpose to show republicans that "he can get tough" . Its like when George W put on his cowboy boots. lol.

13. Hahaha, cowboy boots:laughing:

14. Well, in that case let's extend the vote to them, why don't we?