Video Games are for losers and nerds.

Discussion in 'General' started by bgp70x7, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Or do you believe the opposite that video games are great for youth, and stimulates brain activity?

Do you have some other idea that has to do with video games and their effect on people from the ages of ...lets say 0-25.

I'm writing a paper on this, and I don't have the proper group of people organized to bounce ideas off of. They can be for or against video games.

Unfortunately, I'm biased because I <3 video games, but I can't write a well rounded idea without some other opinions.

Thanks for your help Blades. <3

2. We're the thumb stick generation.

3. this statement should solve all your problems

"Yea? Well Fuck You!" Ron White

wow ... thats a weird fucking name.... Ron....

4. LOL FUNNIEST VIDEO GAME VIDEO EVER

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQnIJ-ljctk]XBox Girls Get Revenge - YouTube[/ame]

5. I dunno you be the judge :D

[​IMG]

6. I posted this in the DH thread for you but those Leap Frog products are all for teaching kids numbers, letters...etc.

7. video games are for people who like to play video games, doesnt matter what age/race/gender
    simple as that

8. Thumb sticks, touch screens, blue tooths, social networking. Its the downfall of man.

We're training a new army to be able to remotely ambush other armies via computer and video games.

9. Edicuational video games are great for teaching kids letters and numbers, and how to read. iPads are starting to do that too I think, by making educational games for children. But is that getting them reliant on a screen for pretty much everything? Like..I remember when I started using a calcuator in math in like...5th grade, and now I can barely do any math without one.

same feeling about things like the Kinect and stuff. Although helpful, its getting our kids dependent on play time in front of the TV. They're not even going to remember that you can kick stuff outside too. ): IN THE SUNSHINE.

10. Did you hear about that virus that infected America's drone fleet? Were really not thinking through these new tools of war as completely as we should be. i don't think we ever do, we always think first about the positives, then when it comes to their security and regulation it's always left for later.

But back to the original idea of this thread. We live in the information age, and video games are going to continue to become more interactive and global over time. They'll always be a market for them as a consumer good.

11. Why? I find a very rapt interest in the strategy of video games and use it to train my mind if not my body.

12. The whole 'only nerds play video games' stereotype died when the gaming went mainstream in the early 2000's.

13. True, I can say the same thing about reefer. But if its always been present, it doesn't make it fun anymore..it makes it more like a compulsion. Like you start to not being able to function anymore without playing them, and it turns into addiction.

Also, by being able to play with your friends, it either creates or destroys friendships. I read on CNN somewhere that some guy strangled some other kid over Black ops match. When does it go to far?

14. True. I think your considered different if you DON'T play video games at this point. I don't have an xbox 360 and people look at me like :eek:

15. What do you think people did before video games...?

16. other things

17. Were the other things probably more beneficial than playing video games?

Like playing actual sports with friends, or eating dinner with your family and talking to them?

Or before video games, were kids found with too much free time on their hands, so they started doing weird off the wall shit and murdering people in real life, so we decided to build something that kept people from doing it to other people.

have video games built an entirely new generation that doesn't fear violence? and is that a good or a bad thing?

And if video games DO create violent thoughts, does that create violence, or is there an underlying psychological problem that just allows the person to act on the violent thought?

18. dude. unreal. i was thinking the exact same thing while high yesterday.

It was on the matrix when they were using a game display to use the turrets

19. Its certainly not the video game generations that are wrecking the world

20. video/comp games are for people who arent living in reality. they are living a fantasy rpg in their rooms all night instead of acting on something productive. I LOVED A GUY, I loved him with all my heart but thanks to the techno logic example of fictitious characters on WOW, I wont be with him again. people who get warped in tbese "be online what you wanna be your avatar" are pathetic to me. you are not a jedi master, nor could conceive the dogma of eastern religions, "the force". I completely disapprove it, because I could give him so much happiness in reality, IRL. he wouldnt ever need a computer to satisfy his loneliness, to procure bordom and save tetrabytes of random girls. WE LIVE IN THE REAL WORLD. you either get it, or you dont..the best real shit in front of you, is true love. Give up the goddamn comp games and we'd have an amazing sexlife together, thats all.