Video: Cop Advice for Home Invasions? Be a Victim

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Deleted member 472633, Mar 10, 2013.

1. » Video: Cop Advice for Home Invasions? Be a Victim Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Police Nationwide Say "You're On Your Own" @Project_Veritas - YouTube

2. Yeah, mustard gas is the ticket!

3. Inb4 "well if they really want my DVD player that bad they can have it."

4. I need to find out where those people live. Me and my buddy Sig need a new stereo haha.

5. Well, if they really want my DVD player that bad, they can have it.

6. Agreed, I need some free shit!

I just find it amusing how many people will in one way or another, defend a criminal who is in their home, stealing their property and/or attacking them, solely for the sake of refusing to even consider using a firearm in self defense.

Get real.

7. These permit times for shotguns and such sound ridiculous. I can understand the concern for gun owners in these areas. I went and bought my 12 gauge the same day without a background check, and I think thats okay. If you want a concealable fire arm though like a pistol or what have you, you should definitely have a waiting period/background/certification process though. My reasoning for that is because your standard hunter would not require such a fire arm.

8. Didnt know the second amendment was only about hunting.

Kewl

9. They're not defending them, they are just stating that a material object is not worth risking their life or even the robber's.

10. And its not a matter of the value of an object but the fact that they're illegally in my home.

11. Jas, The 2nd amendment states our right to bear arms. Could you please explain your sarcastic remark. If I were to defend myself in a life or death situation I would much rather have my trusty 12 gauge than a pistol. I have yet to hear a legitimate need for a hand gun in the home. Now if you are on about applying for a permit to carry a concealed weapon then more power to you. A handgun is more realistic in dangerous situations outside your home.

12. I don't own all of my possessions based off of need.
    Its also not up to others to dictate what I "need" to defend myself and/or home.

And yes I have 3 ccw permits and carry a pistol on a daily basis.

13. Ahah, now we are getting somewhere. You are clearly an intelligent person with ability to properly maintain and use these handguns when necessary. Now would you not agree that a 21 year old kid such as myself shouldn't be able to just go out and purchase a handgun just because it looks cool and my friends would think I was cool for owning it? Should there not be some sort of certification process in place for training someone prior to owning a such a weapon that can be easily concealed?

That being said, I have been robbed at gunpoint at work. I have considered attaining a permit to carry, but there is virtually no corporation in the country that would allow me to carry a gun to work anyway so I didn't. I have also witnessed some drunk stupid fucker pop off a round 2 inches from my cousins head because he thought he was badass bring out a handgun at a party. I smacked him over the head with a baseball bat and that was the end his ability to legally own a gun.

14. #14 jas43, Mar 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2013
    Ive had all of my CCWs since i was 21 and was properly trained with various other weapon systems prior to that. not everyone is a newb based on their age.
    Proper training is great but it still wont stop crazy people from acting crazy.

im sorry that you've had negative experiences with firearms in the past.
    luckily not everyone fits the mold of the crazy fellow in your example.
    :smoking:

Edit: also, in my state a training and qualification course is required to obtain your CCW.

15. I'm starting to like this Jas guy. I want him in my corner the next time I get robbed. What would you guys say to this? Assault rifles are a hot button issue these days. One of my relatives own's two AR-15's. He doesn't hunt, and probably doesn't even know what a shooting range is. He constantly brags about owning them on facebook, and likes to take pictures of himself holding them. I feel like this is a disaster waiting to happen. Do you believe this should be allowed? Is the ownership of an assault rifle like any other gun? What is your opinion.

16. [quote name='"klondikebar72"']

Ahah, now we are getting somewhere. You are clearly an intelligent person with ability to properly maintain and use these handguns when necessary. Now would you not agree that a 21 year old kid such as myself shouldn't be able to just go out and purchase a handgun just because it looks cool and my friends would think I was cool for owning it? Should there not be some sort of certification process in place for training someone prior to owning a such a weapon that can be easily concealed?

That being said, I have been robbed at gunpoint at work. I have considered attaining a permit to carry, but there is virtually no corporation in the country that would allow me to carry a gun to work anyway so I didn't. I have also witnessed some drunk stupid fucker pop off a round 2 inches from my cousins head because he thought he was badass bring out a handgun at a party. I smacked him over the head with a baseball bat and that was the end his ability to legally own a gun.[/quote]

most states require a test and/or training for a concealed carry, its not like you go to a store a buy pistol and are allowed to conceal carry

17. Its very weird of him for sure.
    I dunno why he shouldn't be allowed to do so though. Many people do much weirder shit.
    Until we have Minority Report technology then all we're talking about is a fellow posing with his rifle who hasn't broken any rules.

What do you consider an "assault rifle"?
    Any weapon, firearm or not can be used to assault someone.

18. #18 klondikebar72, Mar 11, 2013
    Yes, you do have to be trained to conceal and carry. You are however not required to do so to purchase one. Typically you just need to do a waiting period and pass a background test. In my opinion any purchase of such a weapon should carry the assumption that the person may at one time or another conceal and carry the firearm. So why not have this same training apply to someone who is purchasing it?

Yes it is very strange of him. I consider an assault rifle to be any rifle which has added accessories which would not be beneficial in a realistic hunting setting. Accessories which have been specifically designed for military applications. For me to consider it an "Assault rifle" It must also be able to fire rounds at a high rate of fire without illegal modification.

19. #19 jas43, Mar 11, 2013
    Real Assault Rifles are select fire weapons.
    Almost all of the AR/AK/FAL ect on the market are semi automatic rifles. Unless you go through the proper process and taxes to own select fire and sbr weapons its damn near impossible to find real Assault Rifles and it'll run you over $10k more than likely.

Accessories don't make a rifle any more or less dangerous. What accessories are you referring to?
    And what do the aspects of hunting rifles have to do with what other styles of rifles can have or not?
    Some accessories will make a rifle more comfortable to hold yes but actually affect the working of a weapon itself no.

Still, all of the training in the world won't keep crazy people from doing crazy shit.

20. Well, I'm not a fire arms expert by any means. I suppose I will leave you with this argument which I had thought of earlier, but lost my train of thought in a drunken haze.

-I need a certification to operate a forklift
    -I need a certification to operate certain trucks at my place of work
    -I need a certification to operate all sorts of machinery on jobs sites
    -I need a fucking certification on how to wave a flag to direct traffic

I do not need any sort of certification to operate or own firearms. I only need one to conceal one on my person. I must take leave as I am too hammered to contain myself in the political section. I will see you in television!@ :smoking::smoking::smoking: