vicodin and darvocet

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by mmatych, Jan 21, 2009.

1. so i was just looking through my pill cupboard and i found a bottle of hydrocodone/APAP 7.5/750 mg (vicodin) and a bottle of propo-n/APAP 100-65. can anybody tell me what the high is like? i'm more curious about darvocet because i am familiar with vicodin. does darvocet do anything really? i've heard it doesn't... oh and how much of the vicodin should i take?

2. Compared to vicodin, darvocet is rather mild. I've taken vicodin for pain in the past and currently take darvocet. With that said, I would say the high is similar between vicodin and darvocet, just that the vicodin high is stronger.

Take care with both of those since the APAP is acetominophen, put in for 2 reasons:
    1. To work synergistically with the other active drug.
    2. To keep the occurrence of abuse down as acetominophen can cause liver damage in high doses.

With that said, I've taken up to three of those (one or the other of vicodin or darvocet, not both) in one sitting, gotten high as hell. I would liken it to a bit of a swirly head, sleepy, couch lock kind of high.

Keep in mind, max recommended dose of acetominophen is around 4 grams per day. Over time, at max dose, you can still run into trouble.

Anyway, have fun, but do it carefully. :)