Vice news documentaries..

Discussion in 'Politics' started by skinny_bones, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Would you say they are a credible/reliable source unlike these other media news stations?

2. at first i would have said yes, but if you check out some of the stuff they post on their facebook page, and website, they have a very strong political bias.

that being said, i still enjoy their youtube videos, although the quality of them has gone down

3. Yeah, they're interesting to watch and I learn some real shit, but the quality has gone down for sure. They try to hard to be hip with the culture and end up getting some uncultured people bringing a stupid spotlight on a lot of stupid pointless shit. Lemme give you an example real quick.

http://youtu.be/vjaHteEQypI

4. Yeah that's true heh thanks for the insight

5. [quote name="pickledpie" post="19256886" timestamp="1388463260"]Yeah, they're interesting to watch and I learn some real shit, but the quality has gone down for sure. They try to hard to be hip with the culture and end up getting some uncultured people bringing a stupid spotlight on a lot of stupid pointless shit. Lemme give you an example real quick.http://youtu.be/vjaHteEQypI[/quote]Haha yeah I see what you mean

6. That picture thoroughhly grosses me out for some reason my brain keeps thinking that crap on her face and not ice cream. Must be leftover insaniity from watching Two girls and one cup all those years ago. 

7. I saw the one named "kids high on cannabis" or something and it was a family treating their kids with cannabis oil because they had cancer or something (idk I wasn't watching the whole thing) and they were kinda making them look bad... and alot of their other ones are just outright absurd IMO.

8. Hamilton needs to get stabbed in the throat

Sent from my XT1058 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. [quote name="melonuggz" post="19258893" timestamp="1388508873"]I saw the one named "kids high on cannabis" or something and it was a family treating their kids with cannabis oil because they had cancer or something (idk I wasn't watching the whole thing) and they were kinda making them look bad... and alot of their other ones are just outright absurd IMO.[/quote]I thought they were trying to show why marijuana is a good thing rather than a bad one, I saw all of it & it seemed that way to me, maybe it looked as if there were trying to put the family under a bad spotlight since you only saw a little idk, but you should watch all of it

10. Vice is like informed global news as it adheres to hipster intellectual types. The only people who are going to this site and keeping up constantly, are people on this kind of bridge between young adults and middle aged adults, who have a general understanding of many facets of life that the general population just could give a fuck about. Political biases set aside (as they do from time to time), Vice and the community it's building are very valuable. They are not to by the book, and not too conspiracy theorist with their political approach, which is how I think they've remained creditable. Seek out other truthful media streams as well like: The Guardian, Washington Post, Wikileaks, RT, even Reddit is a great outlet.

11. i tend to enjoy them...10-15 minute documentaries that give you a lot to see visually, sometimes impacting you 'motionally, and showing you a different side of things at the helm and direction of some odd hosts at times. im not going to say that i follow them as news, mainly because ive only watched vids with the occasional article.

12. Some of their HBO programs have been good. Any of their "Doom and Gloom" videos on stuff like the Fukishima plant radiation in Japan, Eddie Huangs "fresh off the boat" is pretty baller. Check it out man 

13. #13 Uncle_Meat420, Jan 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2014
    There stuff on war torn countries is pretty badass

The ones on Pakistan, Carachi, Afghanistan, Iraq....

And Hamilton is a fucking idiot

I don't see what the problem is with the chocolate one, they are just reporting on a new trend, which they clearly think is bullshit hype that you can "get high on" chocolate. Its a placebo effect being sold to people for profit

14. I find that a lot of their documentaries are extremely overrated after watching them. EX. the great Pacific Garbage Patch. 

15. I thought it was cool because they covered topics that most media doesn't...But then I discovered they were affiliated with Bill Maher. Fuck em.

16. It depends who is hosting the doc. Shane and the paki guy make some really good vids. All the Vice guide to travel videos are awesome. Through searching there site they really do cover a huge range of topics(most of which are BS) but they do have some gems.

17. Every media outlet in the world is gonna be biased. Funding comes from someone, and everyone has opinions/beliefs...
    I enjoy the VICE documentaries....

Not saying I dont search the web checking the legitimacy afterwards though, just interesting videos.

18. http://youtu.be/p2zxlFQxkQ4

This one is very interesting. Something to think about.

19. i "enjoyed" the video about swansea.

and the cannibal warlords video was pretty nuts...