Vibration and Space

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by YEM, Apr 14, 2013.

1. How does the entire spectrum of vibration co-exist with itself? How do certain frequencies neglect others?

Spatial volume exist only because the entire field of electrons are not rotating at the same speed/vibrating at the same frequency. the electrons that do rotate at the same speed are indistinguishable from each other, so if the entire field of electrons vibrated at the same frequency and we didn't have orbitals in the fundamental quantum structure, everything would exist in one point.

It is evident that the nature is that electrons spin at different speeds, but what is the scientific understanding of what causes one certain electron to naturally be spinning at a certain speed vs another one.

2. because, certain frequencies were evolved, organized and developed by necessity.

3. The short answer is quantum mechanics.

Taking the class now and it is too non-intuitive to answer your question without incredibly complex mathematical proofs.

It boils down to four quantum numbers that - one deals with angular momentum (the speed of rotation and shape of orbit) and it is the probably the number i would say is most classical i nthat sense. Another number is electron spin - it can have spin up or spin down. But this isnt spin like a ball spinning in two opposite directions - this spin doesnt have an analogy, just a mathematical reason for existing.

I wish I could explain more, but to be honest I am having an incredibly hard time getting some of these ideas myself, I just need to get a B in the class and then never deal with the subject matter in as much depth again.

4. Interesting..

Peace be with you

5. consciousness?

6. I like the consciousness idea

7. Consciousness indeed, but I think he speaks from more of a mechanical technical perspective

Peace be with you

8. I dont know why I didnt think of this before, but the basic answer to this is electrons cant share energy levels - at least to an extent (all the quantum numbers come in to allow certain states at each energy level, which causes the different orbitals and different spins electrons can have).

The idea that all electrons could occupy the same energy and cancel out and not allow for volume basically means their energies must be zero - which we know cannot happen.

9. It has to do with the pushing and pulling of opposite and like forces

Peace be with you

10. What you're asking, at least at the end of your post there, is really more of a "why" question than a "how."

Science, by definition, cannot answer "why" questions. Science can deal only with that which is observable (ie the "how" of things.)

11. Im interested in the 'how' from many different perspectives

Peace be with you

12. I can help you out with this question, but it's difficult to understand what you're talking about bro.

By "vibration", I'm assuming you mean the quantum mechanical wavefunctions of particles. A wavefunction of position would give the probabilities of measuring the particle for each point in the domain of the function. So for instance, in one dimension you could have the wavefunction exp(ikx) which I'll call Ψ(x), so that would give us a function of probabilites of measuring the particle at a point x. It looks like this,
    plot exp(ix) - Wolfram|Alpha

So you see that it's liteally a wave. If you have another wave slightly different from Ψ(x), so something like exp(iky), where x and y are both position variables but describe two different particles, then the waves can interfere with eachother if the two particles are close together, and that looks like this,
    http://johnvagabondscience.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/image1746.gif

So two particles interfere with eachother if they're close together, some parts of the waves neglect eachother and other parts build on eachother.

Electrons are fermions, so they can't be in the same state. Just google the Pauli Exclusion principle. Two electrons can have the same wavefunctions, but their wavefunctions can't be functions of the same variable. I don't see how that would make everything exist in one point if they could be in the same state though.

It goes pretty deep. Pauli exclusion principle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Good question though ;)