Very weird plant!!! Expert advice needed!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by HydroGrowz, Apr 14, 2016.

1. OK so I'm on day 25 of veg and my plant is extremely BUSHY. To the point where leaves are mashing into each other with no place to go, bending and turning upside down as they grow into a neighboring branch. I started with a 24/0 light schedule but thought maybe that was my problem so i backed up to 18/6. It has stretched a little since but not a whole lot.... I'm getting tons of tiny fan leaves still growing in underneath the original big ones... When a new branch comes off the stem, that new branch gets another branch off that, and two more off that and so on... I've looked for similar plants but find none... Any ideas? Suggestions? Is this OK? Here's some pics... 20160414_103539.jpg 20160414_103156.jpg 20160414_103127.jpg 20160414_103118.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Looks fine to me. Space between will increase a bit as it grows. Some strains start more crowded than others.

Be kind. Perfect your craft. Give more than you take. We are family.

• Like Like x 3
  3. I appreciate the response. The thickness of the vegetation underneath is so cluttered though that it's making those leaves look over watered or something.. Sagging down, curling, growing crooked. It just seems as if it shouldn't be that way and because I'm unable to find something similar online it's raising some red flags for me. So you think come flowering time it will stretch and space them out? Everything I read says tighter nodes are better but damn, mine are literally on top of one another... Any other input is appreciated!!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. I have a similar plant in my tent right now. I defoliated and topped it once. It's still bushy but it appears strong and healthy, even though it's the shortest of the four.
    Do you know the strain?

• Like Like x 2
  5. You don't mention what strain you're growing. I'm growing some feminized blueberry that grows that way. It is an extremely short and bushy plant (and very slow grower too) with a very large stalk for such a small plant. But it has a root system like nothing else I've ever grown and is one of the most beautiful strains I've done so far. All these plants are different and will grow differently. But from what I can tell by your pics, everything looks good and healthy. I'm thinking it's just the strain you're dealing with and that's the way it grows. Very close node spacing is what makes it seems so cluttered and full. Just keep it healthy. I took one of mine and tied the tops back to open the plant up. Two days later, all that undergrowth that had been hidden down in the center is now up and the size/height that the tops were before I tied them down. More than likely, your plant is just going to end up looking like a bush. But if you give it good strong flower lighting during the cycle, it'll produce some killer buds. TWW

• Like Like x 2
  6. My apologies... It is a white widow autoflower. I didn't top it for that reason. So you think some LST to open up some of the underlying leaves is a good idea? I'm aware that different strains grow different and have different needs but what I meant was, all the WW's ive seen didn't look this bushy.

7. I was going to say this is exactly how my blueberry looked early on. It was by far the bushiest plant I I've ever started

Be kind. Perfect your craft. Give more than you take. We are family.

8. 1460651128200.jpg

Here is a picture of an autoflower white widow I did.

It wasn't the best grow, but it does look similar to yours on how it seems to stack in on itself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  9. My first grow I had a plant like that as well. Just grew kinda funky. Turned out fine though. Trim the really big leaves off the plant so the bud sites underneath get light and they'll grow out. It will be a nice plant once it grows out. It will be a marijuana bush. It's how I prefer my plants anyway, usually you do it through topping and training, but it's already seemingly doing it. Give the bud sites light. It will look like you cut too much off when you do it, but after a few day it will fill back up. Just the really big leaves that block bud sites. They need the light most. After all, we want big buds, not big leaves.

• Like Like x 1
  10. My pictures really don't show the extent of the growth I'm talking about... This picture here you posted is how mine looked on like day 15-18.... There's about 10 branches coming off of my main stem, of each of the ten branches there's a branch growing directly on top of them... At the tip of the ten branches there are sets of fan leaves... Half way up each of the ten branches there are two more branches EACH, coming off left and right... On EACH of those 2 there are TWO MORE sets of fan leaves coming out... They are literally squishing each other with no place to grow... I will try to take a better picture later and show what I mean... But you're picture isn't a quarter of the thickness I'm talking about lol.... There's probably about 40 bud sites on my plant right now and it's not even 8" tall.

• Like Like x 1
  11. We've grown feminized White Widow around here for years and occasionally, I'll get a clone with tight node spacing like that...but not often. Most of the widow plants we have grow up...in height, more than bushing out. I've got some in flower right now that we're vegged 2 months (approximately) before they went into flower and they're around 4.5' tall. I had to raise the lights some last night because I got afraid it would burn my tops. I don't think I've ever had one with node spacing that tight though. Must just be the phenotype or something. Bushy or tall and lanky, they'll all produce some KILLER bud. White Widow is, by far, the most popular strain among those I share mine with and I have no desire to cut them out of the garden. LOL Just needed some variety and thought I'd try the Blueberry since I'd never worked with it before. I hope the buzz is good with the stuff. It's a beautiful plant with gorgeous buds, but it just takes too dang long to do it's thing. I've got a Blueberry plant that I started at the first of February and have had it in veg ever since. I took WW clones 3 weeks ago and have already had to pot them up into 1 gallons and they are now taller than the Blueberry I've had since February...so she's a little slow. If there's one thing I've learned since messing around with this stuff, it's that these different strains are like children. They all do their own thing their own way and you can't compare one to another. TWW

• Like Like x 1
  12. Honesty, this is my first grow... I don't even smoke. I've just always had an interest in growing so I did a few months of research and gave it a try. So far it's been smooth but the way this is starting to look just had me a little concerned. I went with an auto for my first grow. My next one is a Northern Lights strain and with that I'm gonna get into an RDWC setup and use the scrog method.. Should be interesting.

13. What you are describing with the branching is how cannabis grows

Mind blown

Tww- veggin blues is like watching paint dry. But there is some beautiful looking girls/ flowers. I feel you on that . worst veggers

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mind Blown? Lmao You're a real winner. Must have read everything EXCEPT the sentence where I mention it's my first time. And actually, I have yet to come across one picture online that is growing how I described. So move along kiddo, mommy's basement is calling for you.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Totally normal my dude.

"The world is in your hands,
    Mine are in the dirt."

• Like Like x 1
  16. Thats what everyone keeps saying but I just don't get why I've found no pics that look that way lol... I'm sure everyone is right but damn... So what's the verdict on topping autos? I still see mixed answers... Should I just LST it?

17. I am growing green kush and purp kush both feminized. After 5 weeks of veg I have had to do a lot of trimming. Indicas grow short and bushy. Very thick. At least mine has. I also am a new grower on my first try. After trimming it takes maybe 2 days to get back to normal. I am trying to scrog. Having a little trouble. The green Cush grows faster than the purp. I'm trying to slow the green Cush down. And only having some luck. I know my own plants do better if I tuck under the leaves or tie them back. Much less stress

• Like Like x 1
  18. That's exactly how most autos grow. Fast, short, bushy. I wouldn't top the autoflowers... Takes too long to recover and it'll take away from precious grow time. Some LST is fine. Bending, tucking, tying, etc...

"The world is in your hands,
    Mine are in the dirt."

19. I grew a white rhino like that. It was very short but very dense. Much like your plant. At first the fan leaves covered the branches.

What you want to do is bend / fold the leaves below the branches. Dont cut them but fold them down.

Nothing wrong with tight internodes.

Pro tip #27: Tight internodes = Dense growth that takes up less space. This is good ✓

• Like Like x 1
  20. You should top it then lst it. If its so dense i would even consider toping and leaving 4 branches and then lst them and now you have 4 main branches. You could raise your light a little forcing your plant to stretch, making it easier to lst.

You could even top above the 3rd node, leaving 6 branches. Some people top and leave only two branches, but it takes abit longer for the plant to catch back up. You can top your plant as many times as you want too. Look up mainlining. Highly reccomend incorpirating this style of growing into your methods of madness