Very Very Strange Leaf mutation

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by FrostAie, Feb 4, 2010.

1. I Have this mango plant that I noticed almost all the fan leaves look like this 13 blades on some almost if 2 leaves combined this is all over the plant any ideas why?
    [​IMG]

2. Stress, light pollution during the dark cycle in the bloom phase.

3. Could just be a freak of nature. One of my males has a strange mutation where some of the blades on the leaves are severely shriveled up. All the other plants are completely normal and have been grown under the same conditions. I'm keeping a few males from this run for pollen collection and out of curiosity I decided to keep the mutant around to see what comes of it. Turns out the mutant is the most vigorous of all the males and the best smelling. Who knows what the offspring will be like, but that's part of what makes this such a fun hobby.

If your growing conditions are fine and the other plants are normal I wouldn't worry about it.

4. there are no light leaks it is the entire plant I will take pics all formations are the same all other plants 8 strains or so are perfect. This plant grew perfect outdoors with none of these traits

5. I also had something like this.15 leaf fan leaves are the new thing...

6. i would have to say its similar to when in budding sometimes a fan leaf grows a bud right in the middle of it, i think its breeding/strain related, like due to inbredding or somthing, its very rare but ive never seen that in veg stage like that

7. seems like an interesting phenotype... i could imagine that increases the leaf's efficiency quite a bit, but also hinders light transmission to the lower branches...
    i'd like to know how it does in bloom :smoke:

8. maybe that male will have a rare pheno that turns up once in many years lol, like the uk 'cheese' madness lol

@OP thats a quite mad leaf, ive seen something similar but not on a whole plant as u say, hey lets hope it does the same mad shit with the buds 4 ya, double buds init- buds growing outa buds lol