Very very confused

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by lauraisfrknawsm, May 26, 2010.

1. I'm just going to start throwing ideas out, so do you think that he's using this as some form of scapegoat?

I'm thinking he's been harboring these feelings recently, and doesn't quite know the best way of expressing these feelings, or he doesn't think he has a good enough reason to be feeling this way. He's not affected by the emails, but it's an excuse to to get angry or act hurt by you.

Maybe he's just using this as an excuse to distance himself from you, because it sounds like a less hurtful or possibly better reason then the real one.

2. That's how I feel, I wrote in my previous post to See Emily Play about how he distances himself from me when things go well. He told me he often feels better being sad. He feels more comfortable. He was medically diagnosed with depression and anxiety, so I try to cut him some slack and try to understand him and his thoughts and reasoning, but this is just so out of character for what I've seen him act like.

3. Does he take anti-depressants?

4. No, he said he stopped taking his medication a long time ago bc he thinks he can deal with it himself if I remember correctly.

5. It sounds like he's looking for reasons to get mad at you and if he can't find any, he makes them up. Maybe he's looking for a way out and make it your fault or like you mentioned, he just gets off on feeling sad. Either way, be careful with this dude. There's something fishy about him.

6. It sounds like he has a lot of baggage, so it seems possible to me now that he's trying to sabotage your relationship, whether it's subconsciously or on purpose

7. It sounds like he's continuing to bring something up after you continue to refute him. That shows insecurity already. I mean its normal, you're obviously very attractive, and he feels threatened by many.

If you truely love him and want it to work out, just give him his space? As lame as it sounds. Right now theres nothing u can do but not overreact. Just keep the vibes calm and eventually he'll come to.

Delete myspace.

8. It sounds like this guy will, in the end, wind up being a complete waste of time :/

9. Ya know my girl is CONSTANTLY getting hit on by guys on myspace! Completely random dude just wanting to get in her pants. And when that does happen, she reads to me what he said, and we both fuck with him writing a completely bogus message back! It's actually kinda entertaining!.. But I don't get why he would be upset about it. I mean if what you say you said is really what you DID say, then he should not be making an issue out of this at all! You obviously said NO you don't wanna hook up and YES you have a boyfriend..... So I don't see what the problem is! You did absolutely NOTHING wrong IMHO! I'm not a very jealous person at all though..... Just my thought on the situation. I really hope things work out for you!

10. OP, this sounds like his issues. You have done nothing wrong. The big issue here sounds like communication, to me. He refuses to talk to you about it and refuses to share his feelings about the relationship, am I right? In that case, he's lying by omission, and it is harming your relationship. He might need a little space, but if he doesn't start talking to you about it, there isn't much else you can do. If he won't communicate with you, you guys can't make any progress in the relationship. So I would say that communication is your first step, and then you can decide what to do from there. I know everybody uses the cliche "communication is the key to a healthy relationship", but it really is true. If he's not communicating his feelings, he isn't being honest with you, and so it throws a wrench in your relationship.

As far as the jealousy issues, that's another thing he needs to work out. If you've been honest with him (and it sounds like you have) and he still thinks you're hiding something, that is also his issue.

I think you guys need to sit down, face to face, and have a long talk about these issues. Let him know that he can share his feelings with you and that you are safe to talk to. If he still can't talk to you, the relationship won't really get any better than how it is now. Take this as an opportunity to strengthen your relationship.

I hope this helps. :eek:

11. Thanks everyone. I'm going to give him his space, I feel like I give him a good amount of space already so I don't really know what else I can do other than just completely stop talking to him. He is in no way a complete waste of time, and never will be even if our relationship ends on bad terms, but I don't think they will. I have faith in us, and we have been through a lot of things, and in the end, I'm always grateful I didn't give up.

I just wish this whole thing didn't happen and I blame myself for leaving my Myspace up. I always tell him my password and I didn't think anything bad would happen if I left it up, I really honestly have nothing to hide. So it just blows my mind that this happened like it did.

I'm just worried that if I give him space, that he just won't come back. And I guess if that happens, oh well. It sucks. :(

12. Am i the only one who thinks that "click" is bullshit? Sounds like an excuse.

13. Idk. I asked him if he trusts me, and gave me a clean slate from all his past issues and shit then why can't he just ignore it and he kept saying it wasn't something he can control and what did I not understand about that...

14. Everything is in his control. Unless he's messed in the head. Sorry to say.

I'm telling you, they really are coming off as excuses. I'm saying this from experience.

There is absolutely no good reason to be acting like this. At all. Fucking weird.

15. Yeah Mariuzu is dead nuts on the money. And quit blaming yourself hon. That's ridiculous. This is a powerplay and you're playing right into his hands. I don't want to sound harsh because it's obvious you're hurting but this guy has you wrapped around his little finger and he knows it. I hope you can see that.

16. I just don't know.

That could be it, or then again, I could be totally wrong

17. If what you've told us is 100% accurate. And nothing is really missing out. Then there is really nothing you can do, because you simply didn't do anything to begin with.

Time to pack a bowl.

18. I can't smoke at the moment... I have to get a job. So that sucks even more.

19. Fuck. That.