Very VERY Confused....

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Punkachan, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Okay, so I live in Texas and was looking at my state's laws on MJ. Its pretty severely illegal here, which is understandable considering its as red a state as they come, but here is what seriously confuses the shit out of me:

This state has a marijuana tax stamp law enacted. This law mandates that those who possess marijuana are legally required to purchase and affix state-issued stamps onto his or her contraband. Failure to do so may result in a fine and/or criminal sanction.

Alright, this is confusing enough in and of itself. The possession of marijuana of any kind (living or not) is highly illegal. Yet they want you to send in for stamps!? What the fuck? Its like 'Excuse me officer, I'd like to order some stamps for my illegal marijuana. I don't want to break the law you know.' And he'd be all like, 'Why yes of course, I'm glad you're such a responsible law-abiding citizen, here are your stamps for your illegal drugs!' ... I mean, I know the police aren't the ones issuing these stamps, but its still some government agency.

Here is the part that really gets me:

<table border="1" bordercolor="#cccc99" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="report" colspan="4" bgcolor="#cccc99">Miscellaneous (paraphernalia, license suspensions, drug tax stamps, etc...)</td></tr> <tr valign="bottom"> <td class="report">Paraphernalia possession </td> <td class="report">class C misdemeanor</td> <td class="report">none</td> <td class="report" align="right">$500</td></tr> <tr valign="bottom"> <td class="report">Paraphernalia sale</td> <td class="report">class A misdemeanor</td> <td class="report">1 year</td> <td class="report" align="right">$4,000**</td></tr></tbody></table>

Okay.... So the very same stamps they want you to get and put on your stash.... Those are considered illegal paraphernalia in and of themselves?!?! What the living hell? Who the fuck made up these laws and when did they ever think they made sense?!

Alright. If ANYone knows how any of this stuff makes sense, PLEASE let me know. I am so confused as to why they would make it a legal obligation to obtain illegal stamps to put on your illegal drugs. Seriously.

2. Haha I don't know dude, sounds like an older law they never got rid of or something.. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

3. If you got that from norml - any clarification on tax stamps would also be listed under the "miscellaneous" category - it's not trying to indicate that tax stamps are considered paraphernalia... I mean some people collect those! They are just made so that the government can fuck you for tax evasion in addition to possession of a controlled substance...

4. they made a tax stamp law and PRINTED no tax stamps, they are unavailable purposefully so you can't have "legal" marijuana lol... it makes no sense but I'm pretty sure thats how it is.

5. it's a loophole for the government. it's constitutionally illegal for the gov to tell you what you can put in your body so when they made marijuana illegal it was a "tax" issue, thus the tax stamps.