Very Tall Indoor Sativa Flowering Taking So Long? 6 Harvest Now?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by apogee91, May 20, 2014.

1. #1 apogee91, May 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2014
    Hi Guys,

I started growing a Sativa indoor, I HAD NO IDEA it would grow this tall and take so long to bloom.

I had to bend her down since her head reached the bulb and got burned alittle.

I have no idea what stage it is at since 3.5 months into flowering I am still not seeing white hairs. 

I must mention that this is my 1st grow).

I attached High def photos where you can see the white trichomes on some leaves, however, I have no idea what the brown hairs are? 

There was a male plant that released a lot of pollen throughout the early flowering stage, there are seeds pockets in the female plants as you see. (I opened one and the seed looked  healthy brown with thin white stripe).

I attached 6 photos, 1 of them is to show you that the plant reached about 1.6 meters tall, I have no clue what to do next.

In 1 photo the camera successfully picked up some trichomes so I marked it in a rectangle - pls zoom in.. is it too early? can I harvest now? I really just want the seeds (+ some bud..)

Thanks

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      438.7 KB
      Views:
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      316.7 KB
      Views:
    • 3.JPG
      3.JPG
      File size:
      108.4 KB
      Views:
    • 4.JPG
      4.JPG
      File size:
      402.9 KB
      Views:
    • 5.JPG
      5.JPG
      File size:
      524.5 KB
      Views:
    • 6.JPG
      6.JPG
      File size:
      586.5 KB
      Views:
  2. Sativas are known for their height. What is your lighting schedule?

Sent from my HTC One using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. They were on 12/12 A week ago I changed it to 16/8 (16 hours of dark)

I don't know what stage they are, accoarding to the photos what do you think?

4. Why did you flip to 16/8?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. I read that giving it more time to sleep speeds up the flowering?

6. #7 tenshuu, May 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2014
    Personally, in flower, I wouldn't ever mess with the lighting schedule once I'm set to that, if you switch it back to 12/12 she's gonna be stressed and may hermie.. It looks to me like she may have reverted to vegetative stage... Hoping someone else will give some input here as well, I'm still very much a beginner myself.

Edit: noticed you mentioned that you wanted seeds too, you'd need a male to pollinate your plant or your girl would have to hermie in order to get any seeds.
    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. There was a mature male plant that pollinated the whole room, the female plant is polentated, I think I need to wait alittle more, this Sativa CBD strain is already 120cm tall, I'll wait another 2 weeks about and I'll report back, for now I'll give it 1 tsp blackstrap mixed in gallon of water for this week, and then next week ill start flushing.. then I'll cure, smoke and start growing Organic. Tired of checking levels and all that stuff..