Very Strange Vape Experience

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by BudStrong, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Hey guys and gals, I have a quick question and am hoping some of my fellow seasoned tokers could help me out.

About three weeks ago I got a vaporizer (the Magic Flight Launch Box to be exact) and began having interesting respiratory problems. Every day for the past three years I have smoked a fair amount of ganja, leading me to buy up to two ounces a month. I have never before experienced any respiratory discomfort from smoking in the past, and most certainly never from vaping! I have owned many different vaporizers in the past, including another MFLB however have never had such strange results. 

Here is an example of what happens:

I pack a small bowl into my MFLB and split it with my friend during the morning, and again in the afternoon. Absolutely no discomfort in the lungs whatsoever. However, later in the evening around 7:00, we will vape again (the same amount) and I start wheezing more than an 80 year old cigarette smoker. I switch to the regular pipe and the wheezing stops immediately. I switch back to the vaporizer and I start wheezing again. Any ideas as to what has been causing this? I hydrate plenty with coconut water and make sure to adjust my inhalation in order not to cough my brains out.

Thanks everyone!

-Bud

2. The vapes getting to hot and the hot air rushing to your lungs is whats making them uncomfortable mate , can u turn the thing down ?

Also how long have u had it for , ive seen those things in the headshop and i dont think those little wooden boxes would last more than a few months

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. ditto. hot air can be very irritating to the lungs. perhaps try filtering the vapor through water (like a bong) and see how that works. dont use any diffusers tho, when it comes to vaping thru a bong you want the smallest amount of filtration.

4. Have you tried using the glass stem? you will need to adjust your draw rate for different methods.

Hitting it native can cause irritration if you don't interupt the vapor stream with your tongue. You can also draw faster to keep it cooler but it will be a smaller hit. Glass stem is the way to do go imo, the wood is pretty grotty to share.

5. I am going to save us all some time a respond to each one of you in a singular post! I have only had it for a couple of weeks and have owned another one identical to it before without ever having problems. My last one lasted me until I had to ditch it because of a house search (lol). Anywho, I have been using specifically the glass stem because wood holds germs and such over time. Not too pleasant. I am actually allowing it to heat up at the lowest temp. I have tried each temp individually and it seems as if nothing seems to help. 

Perhaps it's back to the pipe for me, or at least using the MFLB during the day hours when it does not bother my throat. Perhaps I am loony.  :yay:  Hahah thanks for your responses pallllllls!

6. I can only use the MFLB either native or through the Orbiter bong. Any other method is too harsh for me. Including the 1ft whip, glass or acrylic stems. I've got a Walnut dart stem that is ok but still gets harsh after a while.

7. Dude, this is interesting. Maybe I should invest in the Orbiter they sell on their website. I originally got the MFLB as an investment to use less herb and save my lungs, however maybe that is just a misconception of some of the pros of having a vaporizer. I am starting to think that the best vapes may be ones that are not handheld. Although, I have not had any problems with the MFLB this morning.

8. Use it thru a bong. You'll get maximum quality.

9. #9 Hated, Nov 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2014
    Mflb offers a LIFETIME warranty...

@OP try drying your herb out could be moisture in your herb. Ive also heard grinding more finely could help with the harshness.
    When you say your heating it at the lowest temp that confuses me very much because the mflb is manual heat and dosent have pre set temps...

Vaping through water like others suggested will definitely help.

What I was referring to was the actual temperature which the MFLB reaches according to how long the battery is pressed in the side. According to the manual it goes from I think around 100 to 420 degrees haha. 

I think I'll give it a shot.