Very small plants.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by realdozzy, Jun 30, 2013.

1. I have in the last 4 weeks started my 3rd grow but instead of buying new compost i re-used the compost from my other 2 grows. But where as the 1st 2 grows came on really well my 3rd grow plants are very small and just dont seem to be doing anything at all. Im thinking that it is because i have re-used the compost. I am watering with bio bloom feed and doing this every 2 waters. But still no difference. Is there anyone that can give me some advice or is it best to just change the compost and buy new. I have been told that as the plants are a better strain than my previous grows and also have a high level of thc that they will take longer to establish properly and to produce the root ball. Im not that convinced of this. Can anyone help as i really do not want to lose these plants.

2. try feeding more often, you might also invest in some other amendments seeing as your compost has run out. try some compost tea. you could probably save them still. you might have to try a longer veg but it can work.

3. hey real dozzy, i have a suggestion but im not sure how helpful it may be, IMOwhat you are most likely seeing (in the under ground reflection of your above ground plant) is a high level of soluble fertilizer in the soil with a low absorption rate by the roots. I hate to say it but your best bet is to try and flush with rain water and try a different fertilizer, such as the soluble nutrients and microbes found in compost. known as "chicken shit tea", it is easy to make and brings plants in a qualm to health quickly. Simply take 1 part Composted Chicken manure, 5 parts water, and stir it vigorously. Some people also add dashes of organic fertilizer and continue stirring vigorously. Then seive the large particles out (or not) and water your plant, this contains soluble fertilizer but a bit different than your typical bloom formula fert,hth cb

4. #4 tplat, Jun 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2013
    When re-using soil in an organic grow you should re-amend the soil and let it cook for 30 days. In organic soil grows the plant is dependent upon the benefical microbes in the soil to break down the organic nutes so the plant can then absorb the nutes. You have a couple of options you can go buy some new organic soil and transplant your plants or switch over the chemical based nutrients.

5. I have now repotted my plants in new compost so i am hoping that this will do the job.