Very Small CFL Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by bakecity27, Aug 8, 2013.

1. This isn't my first grow however it is my first documented. For now I have one week old seedling that is about to go in to the veg. stage of growth. For now the baby is extremely happy and looks great. Germinated in the same soil it sits in at the moment. Strain is unknown as the seed was pulled from a great bag. Have another seed germinating at the moment as well, using the old seed in a glass of water method and its coming along fine. Using one 6500 daylight cfl for the moment, soon will be adding in another as the plant progresses in growth. Soil is a tomato based mix with some run of the mill nutes (extremely light) and these will not receive much more than the food that's already supplied in the soil. Crossing my fingers for females. I've had great luck in the past with random seeds, it's all about the love. That's all for now. Will be posting weekly with updates (pics, problems, solutions, and conditions)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Forgot to add the growing cycle is 24 hours of light currently, 10 of that being natural sunlight per day.

3. Hi imma do a cfl grow soon. Can you tell me what kalvins you use for veg and flowering stages?

4. 6500k (daylight) for seedling/veg, also do not forgot to utilize natural sunlight when possible. Literally anytime you can stick the plant outside under some solid sun and a good breeze is going to be as good as any high priced light. When it comes time for flowering, 2700k (warm white) mixed with 6500 k still. I personally run a 24 hour of light schedule until they are ready to flower. Dark and light times are all a preference thing, trial and error, go with what you are able to manage and fee comfortable with. Anything less than 12 will cause flower. I have been throwing around the idea of taking this plant in to flowering using the fall (shorter daylight hours) that will soon be here in Columbus. The fall offers a solid 12/12 schedule and is the closest thing to natural as it gets. Thanks for checking it out!

5. Second set of leaves coming in healthy and squatty. Its as simple as keeping the light source low and not allowing the plant to have to stretch to find a better light source (as done when in-sufficient light is provided). Also have a new sprout today so in total I will have 4 plants essentially a week to a week and a half behind each other, this will give me enough time to move to a bigger location when needed and also give me a solid rotation in harvests.

Attached Files:

6. Added the rest of the cfl's as I now have 3 plants with light needs. 2 have just sprouted in the last 2 days and I now am only waiting on one to come up. Working on her 3rd set of leaves.

Attached Files:

7. week 2

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Keep it up man. It's inspiring seeing what can be done with cfl's.

9. Appreciate it. CFL's are a beautiful thing if executed right!

10. Check my cfls setup

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1234402-Budget-DWC-CFL

• Like Like x 1
  11. Great looking bud man, I'm impressed. Cfl's are highly underrated and highly hated but it's all about conditions.

Sent from my VS930 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  12. My biggest kola, the other 9 are 1/2-2 inches smaller!!
    1376405640260.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  13. That thing is awesome looking. How many weeks of veg. did you run in your cycle?

14. 30 days in veg. 56 days flower(8weeks), total from germination to harvest, 90 days.

15. Got ya, I usually run a longer veg, but have been thinking it's not necessary as the last crop ended up a little taller than I would like. I think I will give 30 days a try which will only be 2 weeks from today,

16. Yeah i hear ya. 30 days is good. Pretty much the minimum. Gives good height for limited spaces. I could have gone another week or two, enough room, but because of my work schedule increase in September, i was crunching it calendar wise. November will be the start of my winter run, will slow a little at work and give me a little more time to work with more than 1. But im satisfied with the results i was given ^_^

17. Absolutely that plant gave a good turnout. I've never done one this small so it's gonna be a guess on what it will yield. Gotta get me a female first!

• Like Like x 1
  18. 2 weeks old today. Looking great growing like wild fire. These next 2 weeks should explode in growth and hopefully the cfl's will keep it nice and squatty.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Couple new members of the family joined this week, and the first plant is doing fantastic, no issues to report other than me being extremely anxious to see how she is going to turn out. She is still nice and squatty and has about 8 bud sites. Flowering in 2 weeks although I may drag veg out another week to make 5 to let the little ones catch up, or stagger the growths so I'm harvesting again a month after the first. Thanks for looking guys!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1