Very Small Black Spots

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by AtlanticSmoker, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Yesterday i was triyng to clean some small white bugs that i found in one of my plants when i discovered a bunch of very little black spots underneath the leves.
    I think they are pest, at naked eye the small spots are like sand grain and if i touch them they come out easily, and the leves are diyng very fast...

So now i have two problems and i dont know how to solve any.

Could they be related?

Can anyone help me???

2. classic signs of spidermites m8. Next u will see yellow spots / patches around the veins of the leaves (on top)
    boil a cigarette in water & let it cool down before spraying it on the leaves.
    Won't kill them but it will stop it spreading.

I've used flyspray before & that gets rid of most pests without harming the plants.

*but move ur budgie! :eek:

3. a pak of smokes to a quart of water, will kill them on contact

rinse with fresh water afterwards if you choose, repeat every 3 days for 2 weeks

4. tanks!!!

Im already triyng...

I hope that work...

Did you already tried that mixture Ganja Guerrilla???

5. Hello once again...llo

Today I also found in the soil another little bugs like earthworms but very very small and transparent, I think they are nematoids or something like it.

Can anyone tell me how to exterminate all this bugs because my dears are all starting to die.

What can I do??? [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. yes I use the tobacco spray, spray every 2 -3 days (underside of leaves aswell).......unless you get rid of them all the first week or 2 you may need neem oil aswell , these little bastards seem to be building up tolerances to insecticides

sounds like you now have fungus gnat larve feeding on the roots, jeesh poor guy your really getting pounded

scrape off the top 1-2 inches of soil and dispose of

spray the soil with pyrethrin and let the soil dry out completely then you can top dress with your soil mix, you maybe watering too much, the gnats to find it to thier likeing
    cut up garlic cloves and sprinkle on soil to prevent adults returning to lay more eggs

are these plants in bud? if not with the trouble your in you may be better off buying a couple pyrethrin aerosol bombs

7. I had a problem about 4 years ago when I had a nice Hibiscus Tree. Little black dots started to show up under the leafs and little fruit fly looking bugs "Black Aphids"(Adult Black Aphids have wings) if thats what it looks like that might be the problem you have. Then they started to mess with my Lady's. At your local Meijer/Wal-Mart they might have some Aphid spray or you can do what I did... Killed my Hibiscus and hand picked every black dot and dug out every little fly out of my buds no more Aphids! I still sprayed a mild soap and water solution onto my Lady's for security.

Now I have had spider mites but mine were red with no black dots.

I have included a Photo of an Adult Black Aphid and Spider mites.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If your plants are in the ground next grow you might want to put down some fresh soil or use containers maybe even change up the type of soil and ferts you are using.

Good luck

8. that pic of mites is disgusting. im still fighting them but thank god their numbers arent that big.

9. Spider mites are a sonova bitch and not easy to get rid of. If the tobacco spray and soap water doesn't work you might want to try something from the store.