Very slow seedling growth 1 week after poking theough

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BUDweiser92420, Jan 23, 2014.

1. I have two bag seeds that I planted. They were from a very good OG strain I germinated them and planted them in two, two gallon pots with foxfarm ocean Forrest. I am using cfl 40w lights (18/6). My growth seems to be moving very slowly the cfls are very close (under an inch) and they just don't seem to be growing much. One of the tips looks like it might be nute burn but could have been my tap water I switched to distiller when I found out. I just need some advice for faster growth and I need to know what the brown tip might be. Thanks guys I will attach pics!

2. These are my two (one week old) seedlings

Attached Files:

3. probably over watering...i dont start seeds in large containers for that reason

4. @[member="TinTizzy"] should I switch to smaller pots? Is it too late to do so? And how would I go about transplanting?

5. you could heat up the room to low 80s and have a small breeze in the room to dry quicker...have you watered it more than once?

6. @[member="TinTizzy"] about 3 times approximately since germinated is that way too much?

7. i think fox farms soil is to hot for some seedlings{strains}, i dilute the soil with regular top soil, 50/50 when i repot, i use 70/ 30 perlite  the problem could be what the above reply say, just a thought

8. @[member="Levitatum"] that is what I was thinking as well but everyone seems to think otherwise of the fox farms I will try watering less but the soil seems to dry up very quickly I would like to avoid repotting the seedlings if possible. Should they show more growth than this at one week?@[member="TinTizzy"]

9. they look a little behjnd, not to bad, follow the advice you got here and it will be fine

10. You mentioned nute burn.  Did you feed them?

11. could also be the fox farm as said but ive never had a burn problem and 3 times is probably too much based on the pot size...when the pot feel really light again then water

12. @[member="WDIK"] no I haven't fed anything just the fox farm and a tiny bit of worm castings, I'm hoping that it's not my cfls. They are 40w and I only have one on each. Could that be the reason for slowed growth?@TinTizzy@Levitatum

13. well you're for sure going to want more light but no the cfls wouldnt cause that and they dont look like they're stretching..just dont do anything and update in a few days

14. Listen to TinTizzy.  :D

15. @[member="TinTizzy"] alright will do thank you for your help it's much appreciated

16. I'm possibly a bit concerned about the CFL being under an inch away from your sproutling. I would move it up an inch or 2, depending on temps and airflow. I just hope your lights aren't burning your lil girls. Also, like everyone else said, less watering. Misting a bit isn't bad (just don't leave water drops on your leaves), you want humidity but you don't want the roots to drown, they need oxygen.

17. Can I water seedl before it breaks soil?

18. tintizzy has it right..

too much water and too big of a pot.

just let it settle in and it'll take off...

it's not the soil, ffof doesn't burn seedlings.

yea just once though until it dries out..when soil dries, air replaces the pockets that had water in them...so watering too often is going to choke out the roots...i go by weight of the pot because sometimes it feels dry but its still damp...you can get one of those cheap green meters to monitor it until you get the feel for it

[​IMG]

20. [quote name="TinTizzy" post="19398086" timestamp="1390577515"]yea just once though until it dries out..when soil dries, air replaces the pockets that had water in them...so watering too often is going to choke out the roots...i go by weight of the pot because sometimes it feels dry but its still damp...you can get one of those cheap green meters to monitor it until you get the feel for it[​IMG][/quote]Thanks a lot Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum