Very slow first grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Logofro, Apr 20, 2019.

1. I started my first grow about a month ago and seem to be going very slow. This is a picture from a few days ago the fourth set of leaves is sprouting at only ~2" tall. I currently have it set up in a grow tent with a seed heating mat and an Amazon grow light, I'm using root farm soil/nutrients (very sparingly recently, still mostly using water). Everything seems to be a healthy colour although the bottom leafs which are being shaded from getting any light are drooping this morning. Any suggestions for faster growth? Thanks in advance!

2. Your soil is too dense and not providing the roots with enough oxygen. I suggest you transplant to a larger container and add 30% perlite to your mix. Perlite = aeration = more oxygen to the roots = fast growth.
    Good luck and welcome to GC. :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Thanks I can do that tonight! I have 5.7 L felt pots, would that be an alright size?

4. They would be ok for a short time, but not large enough to be the final pot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sweet, thanks for the help!

6. Transplanted them, I was surprised to see that the roots had made it to the edge of the cup even though the plant was so small

• Like Like x 1