Very nice LED grow lights - Kessil H150 series.

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by StinkBomb, Oct 5, 2010.

1. I realize this is an old post, I thought I would update one thing to the current time.
    I just ordered two of these for about 198.00 including shipping, so the price has come way down.
    When I receive them I plan on putting each one over a single plant with a 400 watt MH\\HPS in the center between the Kessils.
    I think based on other users posts they should get the job done. The only concern I have with this unit is the longevity and possibly quality control.
    Only time will tell.

2. The price is real low because everyone found out they are almost useless for growing weed. One common thing you will find in a successful Kessil grow operation is another grow lamp (doing all the work).

I found that they work real well in my outside landscape. They accent my palm trees and fountain at night. Priceless.

3. I think you might be right, I am not going to order anymore till I try these out. With LED lights it is hard to find hard facts about their products. The manufacturers try to avoid giving too much information. I would not of paid what some people have paid for these lights.
    I haven't even got the lights yet and I finally found out by someone who tested and reviewed the H150, and they mentioned this light operates at 150 degrees F. Which sounds a little warm for a 32 watt light. I do think the Kessil will improve my grow but only with the help of the HPS fixture.
    One thing about HID lights they have a long and legitimate record.

4. One final note I think these lights will work for what I am planning to use them for. But I have no illusions that these lights are going to last more than two years tops. Next time if I want a low wattage spot light I will look into the 21x pro or something along those lines. In fact LED system as a whole probably have a much shorter lifespan than most HID systems and since I am not growing a cash crop like some spending thousands on a LED is not an option.