Very nice LED grow lights - Kessil H150 series.

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by StinkBomb, Oct 5, 2010.

1. #41 StinkBomb, Feb 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2011
    I did pay for the lights... at cost. Maybe if you weren't such a dick head, people would hook you up with deals too.

I do not work for Kessil, Hydrofarm, C.A.P., BWGS, Sunlight Supply Inc., or anyone else. I used to work for a grow store. I no longer work there, but because I'm cool with everyone, I still get the employee discount. Why this is difficult for Loki to understand, I don't know. I grow weed as a state licensed medical marijuana provider. That is my only job.

You really are one of the biggest cock suckers I've ever had to deal with. Why are you so fucking lame? When is the last time you got laid? You're just such a prick. And you wonder why everyone thought you were 18.

Leave the name-calling and disrespect out of it, guys. -JD

2. #42 Loki7, Feb 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2011
    I'm sure you'll be glad to hook everyone up, cause you're cool with them.... can't stop pimping your fucking lame ass lights, huh? What the fuck is your problem? Take all the cheap shots you want... that's all you've got.

-Loki

Leave the name-calling and disrespect out of it, guys. -JD

3. How much is "cost" for you?

4. so how far are they into 12/12?
    i was thinking bout growing this strain but got the barney's vanilla kush
    have u have any experience with this strain before?
    how does it smoke?

5. (who's got the biggest cock interuption) What's cost on a 600W Phantom?

6. They come in a nice package but that about it. Also the way they put together their led array on a single die may pose to be a bigger problem that is a lot of heat coming off the back of the array in a very small area. As the heat rises efficiency drops and the color skews from it original wave length. I like the idea though of pinpoint style lights though you can keep the majority of the light going to where you need it which is good in supplemental uses also have direct control over wave lengths and concentration is nice. But, the current price and tech really is not there for practical use.

If you are really interested in LED lights check out, at least they have shipped products out to a university for independent testing. But there 345W lamps are like 1100.

University of Washington Grow Tests

I been following led for awhile but as of right now very few leds are putting out a decent amount of light and usually that is only in very specific bins. So with only certain bins hitting the higher end they are usually priced accordingly. A good 1w LED is going to cost you about 3-5 USD if it is one of those 170 lumen crees good luck finding them without selling body parts. Also most led in the 1w range work better at a lower driving current when it comes to pure lumen/mw (non vis light) to watt efficiency, so you are going to need twice as many.

So just for shits and giggles let say you wanted to make a light to beat out a 600w hps, you would need about 1200 leds driving at half current really see much affect but atleast you will get bulk pricing so say 3 a peice then the driving circuits for that would cost another 200-300 to keep yourself withing a 2% loss window. If you got it worked out right would probabily be a better par rating at about 4k or you can just spend about 500 on a good lumatek and ushio and call it good.

7. I don't remember. No more than $170. Probably less now. You can find them for $200 online now. But seeing as how I don't sell them, I don't really know anymore.

8. I don't really know. 40% off retail. The fucking tickets don't tell me the discount per purchase, just bold type that says " you saved X dollars today. Last trip to the store, the total was over $11,000. The ticket said I saved around $4,500. It depends on the product and whatever markup they have chosen for that product. Some things I save big bucks. Some things I don't save much.

I didn't but any lights that trip.

9. You said you were going to buy more right? I'm curious what cost would be on them now. Like I said in a previous post: "But until these units are $120-$150 I will not thing they are worth it." So if your cost is $100 then these lights would be worth it.........maybe.:smoke:

10. I don't have any 600s, but cost is basically the same price you'd pay online. In the store, when I worked there, we retailed the 1000W Phantom for $399.99. I pay $280. You can probably find them even cheaper somewhere.

11. why does it matter what age someone is...you old guys think you know so damn much...i do like comming on to these forums but not to hear you old men whine and bitch back and forth about whos dick is bigger and who has the best bud.

Thanks for sharing this LED light for people who haven't seen it and you clearly know what you are doing but no need to act superior it gets old...like you guys

PUFFER

12. haha exactly...these guys and their big dicks talking shit on the internet....sounds off topic but the 600watt phantoms are around $200 online and $250 in grow shops

13. It was reference to another thread where Loki7 was trolling as normal. Someone asked how old he was because he acts like a know it all asshole if anyone disagrees with him on any level. I have since discovered the ignore list, and Loki7 is the first and only member I have added.

I never said anything about my dick. It is average in size, and I could care less about that.

I'm thirty one years old. And I have never used my length as a grower to they to suggest anything.

People chiming in in shit they don't know about gets really old, because;
    A) you aren't involved, so stay out of it
    B) you were uninformed about Loki7 and his well known antics, so stay out of it.
    C) by commenting and adding you two cents, you simply keep this thread off topic and perpetuate the bullshit.

Gets pretty old. Like these forums. I'll be contacting a mod to delete my account and all my posts soon.

14. It matters because he is a grown man who acts like a 15 year old jackass. It was not a reference to anyone's growing ability. It was a statement of disbelief at his level of immaturity.

15. Oh, poor baby... We're sure all going to miss you...

I could care less if people don't agree with me, but I do care if someone posts bullshit. If that makes me a troll, fine with me...

-Loki

16. You can stop responding Loki7. You have been ignored and I don't know or care what you have to say about anything. God, the ignore list kicks ass. Thank you to whomever suggested I use it. This place is just that much better now that Loki7 is effectively gone.

17. im currently using the kessil h150 purples and they are working great i have 2 of them over 10 plants and i put a few cfls around also and it seems to be growing pretty good it is my first grow and these lights made it alot easier the guy at the store said i would have to route the hot air some where n crap like that but im doing it in a closet no where really to route it but any ways heres a pic i hope my input helped

Attached Files:

18. LOL.... The cry baby is still here?

-Loki

19. Good luck with the grow! I have some interesting pics of the Dr. Grinspoon that are in one of my flowering rooms now. The plant under the Red Bloom Booster is significantly more developed than the plant that is furthest from the LED light source. I'll show you later. Have to run now.

20. #60 TBM, Feb 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2011
    Sorry, those light are overprice. Loki is right. I wouldn't pay that much for a crappy small packaged light with hardly no footprint. What a waste of money.

Research LED tech and how plants use light to grow. You will realize those lights should ONLY be used to supplement HID, and not used as a sole light source. So they are overpriced for their value in the garden. I can build the same output array for $50-70 and with a WAY better efficacy.

Loki wasn't trolling, he is just as disgusted as I am that anyone would think these will grow good buds on their own. Loki just doesn't use nice wording, straight to the point....that these lights are overpriced. Most reviews even say its not recommended as a sole light source. So what good is this overpriced light? Use it as a spotlight. OK, maybe if you used 6 of them in the garden they would bud good. But the cost value isn't worth it.

Usually older people know WTF they are talking about through experience and something called knowledge. So I tend to listen. Its the internet, you expect everyone to be overly polite? Get a thicker skin and don't be such a baby about it. Advice is advice, even if the guys is a dick in his approach.