Very new to growing tips needed!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by nugmasta, Oct 26, 2010.

1. I know I know my setup sucks I don't have anything done right. But thats where you come in! I have been growing shelly for about 6 weeks now and a new plant for about a week.

Shelly!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Week 6 VVVVVV
    [​IMG]

Unnamed (If you have any good girl names let me know :D)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Comments are appreciated, Thanks!

2. scratch the halogen lights, get cfls, cool white, they're cheap and itll tighten up your nodes and reduce heat. Besides that shes a little small for 6 weeks but its just the light. beisdes that looks good

3. thanks for the feedback

4. those lights may have just turned those plants male lol.

but i dunno.

get Cfls for sure, the ones that are 42w and 150 w equivalent are the best,

and you want 6500k for veg and 2700-2800k for flower.

in my grow in my sig its all Cfl,

and its going Great!

5. while your at it throw a fan on those plants to bulk up the stems just like wind outside:D

6. haha its hard to see but i gota ghetto fan on the left side

7. agreed, change out those halogens, your 1week old plant is stretching like a mofo, you can put your cfl's as close as 3-4 inches with proper circulation. Are you using different soil on each plant? I see perlite in 2 only? Also when you do get those cfl's dont use a parabolic reflector instead turn it so the side of the bulb is closest to the light, like pig pen has.

You can take two power strips, and get some of those light socket to wall socket direct adapter things and build a light rig out of whatever materials you want

8. if i had a chance go go back in time to where you are at...instead of ever buying any cfls if you can afford it just get a T5 setup or HPS...All the time you spend moving the lights around becomes a pain in the ass...Also unless you quit growing i promise you will upgrade to T5 or HPS anyways..the T5 will create very little heat and the growth i have notice is great with tight internode spacing:hello:

you can get cheap HPS lights on craigslist, online hydro shops, or htg supply

the 150's are $70 at htg supply and not much more for 250watt or 400watt but the larger ones produce a bit of heat...and will actually get you dense...thick bud rather than a ton of work for wispy..skinny..light buds

this is assuming you continue growing:smoke:

9. Hey Nug :wave:, don't stress we have all been new to this at some point. I'm finishing up a grow this week, check out my thread below and you will find all kinds of tips and interesting factoids. :D Blaze on bro'!

Stepdude420

10. That about sums up lighting what's next professor?

11. Thanks to everyone, I am taking all of this into mind and going to start upgrading my setup.