very new to growing, got a Q

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by sharpstone, Mar 10, 2009.

1. what is the least complicated, most effective way to grow without putting a big dent in my wallet? I'd use the search but there are alot of different ways out there and i feel very overwhelmed with all the information. can anybody point me in the right direction of a method that i can do my homework on and maybe give it a shot? Someone told me that i should give hydroponics a try :confused:

edit: i cannot grow outdoor

2. DWC - CFL grow - Hydro nutes (man up the cash for the decent nutes, it'll pay off in the long run) - pH adjusting solutions

Read up on those and you'll see why it's the cheapest/simplest method.

3. A lot of people say go hydro with CFL lighting. If you make your way to youtube and look up "Mr. Green" he actually has a fairly nice, and cost effective system. What is gonna cost you the most will be the nutrients, Bulbs, Electricity and His exhaust system.

4. personally, I don't think you can get more inexpensive and simple than growing in soil. Rather than try using hydro nutrients, add a tablespoon full or two of some organic fertilizer to your soil mix and then just grow on. My favorite is called PlantTone from Espoma.

I use CFLs to start (vegetate) my plants and then move them outside to flower. I have never flowered under cfls so I can't say how good they are for that.

A HPS lamp, a pot of dirt, some fans and you're in business.

5. If you are absolutely new to growing, hydro is not a good beginner solution. Can't really go wrong with decent soil, house plant food for veg and a bloom solution for flower. You can pick all this up at your local lowes. Start with a couple maybe 3 or 4 CFL's, 26 watt will work fine. Get the 6400k bulbs for veg. and the 2700k for flower or spend no more than a couple hundred bucks at HTG and get a 400 hps setup. Don't add nutrients for at least a month or at least 5 nodes.

Nothing about growing is cheap. If you think about it, your going to have at least a couple hundred bucks in a complete setup using CFLs, fans, nutes, ballasts, extensions, etc.. You will need a good starter soil, that is key. Don't buy MG soil, but I think their nutes are okay. I use a 3B mix and I couldn't believe the difference it made after a transplant.

Anyways, it pays to do the research. If you buy cheap equipment/solutions don't expect a great yield.