very new need growing help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by edmonds21, May 20, 2010.

1. so ive decided to do an outdoor grow outside in the middle of a large section of woods by my house. i just picked out the spot and theres a ton of light, a ton of vegation growing in the area and a little stream next to where im gunna start. im planning on growing in 12 large trash barrells with 4 plants in each one. the area is kind of swampy but i feel like it a decent location.
    what kind of soil should i be using and how much per barrel?
    are there any specific strains i should be looking to grow. i think a short bushy plant would be ideal.
    im thinking about ordering off attitude seeds, any imput on that?
    what should i be using for nutes?

thanks guys i appreciate all the help and hopefully with some help i can be growing a ton of good mj

2. 6 parts Pro Mix BX or HP / Sunshine Mix (any flavor from #1 up)
    2 parts perlite
    2 parts earthworm castings
    Powdered (NOT PELLETIZED) dolomite lime @ 2 tablespoons per gallon or 1 cup per cubic foot of the soiless mix.
    If you use a 3 qt. saucepan as “parts” in the amounts given above, it equals about 1 cu. ft. of soiless mix and you can just dump in a cup of powdered dolomite lime.
    But, a "part" can be anything from a tablespoon to a five gallon bucket. Just use the same item for all of the "parts".

Nutes-
    Veg mix-
    1/3 cup Peruvian Seabird Guano (PSG)
    1/3 cup High N Bat Guano (Mexican)
    1/3 cup Earth Worm Castings (EWC)
    5 tsp. Maxicrop 1-0-4 powdered kelp extract
    (That makes the "dry mix". You can make all you want and save it to use later.)
    Mix with water @ 1 cup of dry mix into 5 gallons of water to make the tea.
    To that 5 gallons of tea add:
    5 tbs. Liquid Karma
    5 tbs. Black Strap Molasses
    Use it to water with every 3rd watering.

Flowering nute tea mix:
    2/3 cup Peruvian Seabird Guano
    2/3 cup Earth Worm Castings
    2/3 cup High P Guano (Indonesian or Jamaican)
    5 tsp. Maxicrop 1-0-4 powdered kelp extract
    (That makes the "dry mix". You can make all you want and save it to use later.)
    Mix with water @ 2 cups of dry mix into 5 gallons of water to make the tea.
    To that 5 gallons of tea add:
    5 tbs. Liquid Karma
    5 tbs. Black Strap Molasses
    Use it to water with EVERY watering.

Id use some bagseed if you can......no need spending tons of dough your first time growing outside. If that is not an option, Im sure Attitude can find something to fit your needs

3. allright man thanks for the kick start... any idea on the strands i should grow?

4. A good Northern Lights strain would work well. Better get on that tho.......the seasons among us.

5. I would start with bagseed myself until you get the hang of it so you don't feel bad if something bad happens to them or if they don't have enough time to finish.