Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Very low blood pressure on weed.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by havrilk0_, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Hello all, first time poster here and relatively new to weed, too.

I guess I should start with a little bit of my backstory. A couple of months ago was my first time ever smoking marijuana. I did not know much about tolerance and ended up greening out / throwing up after two hours of a very bad high (I pounded about 3/4 of a bowl of blue dream). About a week later, I picked up smoking weed again with VERY small amounts (probably no more than 1/4 the size of my fingernail) and still experience effects that I have concluded relate to low blood pressure.

These effects include: racing heart rate, dizziness, lightheadedness, and (worst of all) VERY grainy vision to where all I see are black and red spots and nothing even right in front of me. The most I can usually do is two small hits from my pipe. I also get depersonlization from the weed, but I sort of crave this feeling, because I am a big fan of Plato's theory of the forms and how this world is fake.

I originally thought that this was only because of my low tolerance (and probably is because of this), so I started to smoke every day for about a week, but to no avail. When I found out that these symptoms relate to LBP, I started to only smoke weed right after eating meals heavy in sodium, in hopes to raise the LBP.

The LBP is very annoying, because the symptoms arise after just one-two tiny hits from my pipe and I can never get a high, just a relaxed body and mind. The only weed that I have available for me right now is blue dream, which I understand is a very high-end strain, especially for new tokers like myself.

What can I do to counteract or prevent these symptoms? Is it just because of my low tolerance? Should I try drinking more, eating right after, smoking more, or what? ANY advice is GREATLY appreciated!!

Than you for taking the time to read all of this and I look forward to hearing what you guys have to say!

2. Hey! You definitely aren’t crazy. I had to stop smoking weed because it made my blood pressure drop way, wayy too low. People would always tell me to chill, and just relax so I wouldn’t be freaking out, but in actuality my anxiety was coming from all of the same symptoms you described in your post—aka all the symptoms of a sharp drop in blood pressure.

Now don’t get me wrong, I could definitely enjoy myself at times when smoking, but eventually I’d end up with another really bad experience with low blood pressure, one time it landed me in the ER.

All in all, just be aware of what your body is telling you. Experiment with different buds that aren’t so saturated with THC, and focus on small hits. If that doesn’t work, then maybe go my route and find a different way to relax.

ALSO random, but this helped me a lot before I completely quit smoking: if you’re eating while high, eat slowly (if you can help it). Eating quickly can cause a spike and then drop in blood sugar, which in turn drops your blood pressure drastically too. (That’s what I did the time my blood pressure dropped so low and I ended up in the hospital after smoking weed haha).