very interesting site. will blow your mind.

Discussion in 'General' started by stealthgrower, Aug 23, 2009.

1. 15,445 Days to the end of oil

42 years. I'll be alive to see it happen. Sweet.

2. Wow, that websites pretty cool

3. They should add

"death from cannabis----Zero" at the end of the health section haha Would be a funny way to end that webste

4. wow thanks this website is one that should be more known

5. 12 trillion cigs smoked

$256 trillion spent in illegal drugs

makes me smile

6. #7 xlikelocusts, Aug 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2009
    12,996,687,129 Cigarettes smoked today

Thats billion lol :p and thats only smoked TODAY 12 billion cigs in one day!

650 million packs sold per day.

7. Thanks for sharing dude, cool site.

8. ii hope ill be around to see it happen too:confused:

9. haha yeah this would be pretty funny ^^

10. By the time the oil ends we will better alternative ways of energy.

11. You backtalking me boy?:devious:

12. 88,857 Species that have gone extinct this year

Really now? As I was copying it over the number went up by 1...so....holy shit balls.

How many are a result of man, and how many are natural selection?

13. well think about it theres millions of different species of bugs and shit so tons must go extinct.. alot must be natural selection

14. a lot is natural selection, but that doesn't change the fact that man is helping.
    the rain forest is getting destroyed, and there are millions of species in there. and our oceans are getting pretty messed up in certain areas too.

15. Yeah I assumed mostof them were natural extinctions of insects mainly. But how many of them aren't natural? Like deforestation of rainforests?

I guess it's sort of rhetorical because I don't expect anyone to have an answer. It's just something to think about.

Who knows...one of those bugs might have some chemical in their ass which contains the key to the cure for cancer, or HIV.

What if some of those species are plants? I would think there's more medicinal properties in plants as well.

16. I wonder how reliable their data is, it seems legit, but how would they gather that kind of information

17. it's all through mathematical formulas. if you watch the numbers they go up very consistently and constantly. that's not exactly how it's actually happening in the world, but for the most part the numbers are accurate.

for example if a train crashes and kills 50 people that wont instantly show up in their numbers for population, but the numbers will still be relatively accurate.

18. You know I was thinking the same thing. I mean it it probably some kind of averaging system. They don't have people going around counting every baby that is born. The numbers are going up at a constant rate so they are probably estimated, but I assume they are accurate.

19. ONLY if people like Bush/Republicans aren't in power. We all know how Bush responded to the oil crisis last summer: DRILL MORE. While Obama may not be perfect, at least he recognizes that this problem in the future needs to be addressed NOW, and not when it all runs out and the oil tycoons are multi-billionaires.