Very interesting article comparing blunt smokers to joint smokers

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by ResinHits, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Only smoked with one black person this year and he was college educated and preferred glass. We were on the golf course. They can have their stereotypes.

2. Tobacco makes me vomit, so I tend to avoid it! :p

Here are a few more studies for the blunt lovers-.

Quantification and comparison of marijuana smoking practices: blunts, joints, and pipes.
    (abst – 2011) Quantification and comparison of marijua... [Drug Alcohol Depend. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI

Comparison of subjective, pharmacokinetic, and physiological effects of marijuana smoked as joints and blunts. (abst - 2009) Unbound MEDLINE | Comparison of subjective, pharmacokinetic, and physiological effects of marijuana smoked as joints and blunts. PubMed Journal article abstract

A comparison of drug use and dependence between blunt smokers and other cannabis users (abst - 2009)
    Unbound MEDLINE | A comparison of drug use and dependence between blunt smokers and other cannabis users. PubMed Journal article abstract

Bongs and Blunts: Notes from a Suburban Marijuana Subculture. (abst – 2005)
    Bongs and Blunts: Notes from a Suburban Marijuana Subculture. - Medical Journals - Healia

DISTINGUISHING BLUNTS USERS FROM JOINTS USERS: A COMPARISON OF MARIJUANA USE SUBCULTURES (full – 2006) http://www.drugpolicy.org/docUploads/nymmj_bluntsjoints.pdf

Patterns of blunt use among rural young adult african-american men. (abst – 2012)
    Patterns of blunt use among rural young adult ... [Am J Prev Med. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI

Drug-Intake Methods and Social Identity: The Use of Marijuana in Blunts Among Southeast Asian Adolescents and Emerging Adults. (full – 2011)
    [FONT=&quot]Drug-Intake Methods and Social Identity: The Use of Marijuana in Blunts Among Southeast Asian Adolescents and Emerging Adults[/FONT]

Granny :wave:

3. Smoke both love both ---

4. [quote name='"Storm Crow"']Tobacco makes me vomit, so I tend to avoid it! :p

Here are a few more studies for the blunt lovers-.[/quote]

First, im honored for the post, and second those are ineresting articles. Thanks

5. I posted a response but it got lost in cyberspace somewhere lol..
    Basically what I said in a nut shell was..

That's kind of racist bc Im a 24 year old black woman and I smoke bowls and joints although I did start out with blunts :D . I don't see the point in buying blunts when I have papers unless I haven't had one in the longest time and just want one. Usually if I'm in a group setting we will smoke blunts... It's funny because my dad said when he was my age he smoked joints and has never smoked a blunt.

6. blunts are fun to smoke, although i dont smoke them too often because they really arent good for your lungs and are kind of a waste of weed. joints for me are a last resort, gotta hit the bong.

7. Yeah same thing, usually when I have money in my wallet then I'll hit up my smoking crew and lite up a blunt to share with them. If it's between 2 people, then a joint it is.

8. Really all three methods you listed are a waste of weed. To hit a bong, usually you have to light a good bit of it up, and blunts/joints are constantly burning.

Vape or pipe is the way to go as far as conserving.

9. I'm Hispanic, smoke a joint once a day but III llloovvveee bblluunnttsss! Smooth , phat (the way I roll) , burn even & slow!!. I smoke blunts when I first get a sac or if I buy a good amount until I'm running low.

10. I love smoking a fat blunt

11. Copypasta from OP's link....

Participation in the blunts ~ubculture may even have protective value relative to other
    patterns of marijuana use. The ascendancy of what might be called a "blunts era," in which
    blunts are the preferred drug that young peopl~ use and that is in fashion at the moment,
    comes as the crack and heroin injection eras have ended (Johnson, Golub, Dunlap 2006). The
    decline of crack marked a decline of crime, particularly in impoverished neighborhoods. An
    ethnographic study (Mateu-Gelbert et aI., 2005; Friedman, submitted; Friedman, Maslow, et
    (
    aI., 2004) of one such neighborhood, Bushwick (in Brooklyn), found that a major force
    behind the improvement of conditions was, indeed, a cultural and normative change.
    Residents, tired of living with the violence and constant disruption of life in a "drug
    supermarket," limited or outright forbade the use and sale of hard drugs on or near their
    property. High risk youths repudiated the crack and heroin use of their parents' generation
    and foreswore even alcohol for its mind-numbing effects. They only illicit substance they
    regularly consumed was marijuana (Friedman.isubmitred). A fortunate side-effect of this shift
    was that youths were much less exposed to HIV through injection drug use and HIV infection
    rates in Bushwick dropped to national averages (Friedman, Maslow, et aI., 2004). The
    Bushwick findings may exemplify what, according to national statistics, happened all over the
    country, as marijuana use rates among young people rose (Compton, Grant, Colliver, Glantz,
    and Stinson, 2004; Golub and Johnson, 2001) but hard drug use did not (Golub and Johnson,
    2001). Those statistics cast doubt upon conv~ntional wisdom of marijuana as a gateway drug
    (also see Golub and Johnson 2002)

Blunts for the win!

12. #32 jay-bird, Sep 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2012
    Someone that doesn't know how to role well will probably not be a ritual blunt user, unless their friends are the ones preparing them. If blunts happen to irritate them or they are overly health conscious, or just don't have that much weed to burn, they may also prefer joints.

In certain areas (especially NYC and other urban areas) blunt rolling and smoking really is a ritual that when done correctly makes blunt users get more higher and have more fun.

Simply put, blunts are generally a more potent, heavier smoke, for these reasons...

1) Likely there will be more weed in it. The tobacco paper is strong enough to hold the weed and on top of that provides fuller body and flavor as well as providing extra carcinogens for mind altering effect. Contrary to what you heard, you do get higher from blunts and sittings in which larger amounts of weed are consumed in general. Three friends who just finished smoking a couple of blunts will be way more zooted lol than three kids who smoked a couple joints of the same bud. You may waste more weed, though.

2) The amount of weed and paper makes some blunts (that are well rolled) last 45 minutes to an hour long, allowing more people to sociably get high for longer. Blunts are great to smoke at parties where they are allowed (unless outside they will make any place stink the fuck up.) Many blunt rollers I know (highly respected rollers, here, well at least in my circles of neighborhoods and friends) prefer to rip off anywhere from 25% to 50% of the original paper that comes on these blunt cigars before they are rolled with weed. Making the smoke a lot less harsh and more enjoyable, yet still last to be about a 40 minute long session. The least a well rolled blunt will last is a episode of a tv program.

3) What else do you need to know? They are less healthy, and really are a way that people trying to look big and live large actually would smoke their weed. Many joint and pipe smokers call blunts a waste. Like a lot of things rappers do, all morals and health aside, blunt smoking is simply more fun for some people. The rapper lifestyle is fun and rewarding, if you don't care too much about morals or the health of yourself or those around you, I guess.

*Side effects of blunts*
    -Possible increase in cottonmouth, headaches, overall highness or sickness if you can't handle it.

On a side note a few older smokers I know (50s) think that blunts are only for black people. Starting from the late 90s and onwards, a lot of white people started to copy many black trends, blunts being one of them. But when our parents were kids this was not true, I guess.

BTW my days smoking weed would definitely not have been as much fun if my friends weren't rolling sick blunts throughout our travels. They woulda still been fun, but definitely not as much.

13. :laughing:
    You're probably wearing a TuTu with your finger in your ass.

Apply flame: toxic. Who's to say what form of toxic inhalation is better? and Actually he can't, because he doesn't know this, only hear and judge by other's experiences.

14. I don't know where you all are from, round here the regular toxins in the air make cigarillos look beneficial

15. Papers just seem cleaner to me.

16. That's because they are.

17. And the ever present war between blunts and papers goes on..

18. I avoid both.

19. And instead use what?

20. i usually smoke a j if im chilling with a couple kids or by myself but if i got a crew together its blunts all the way