Very important question about dxm!

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by mnkush, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Hello grasscity. I have been taking sertraline (zoloft) for about 6 days now (50 mg), and I was wondering if I don't take it tomorrow would it be safe to robotrip? I would be taking around 900 mg (I have done this dose a few times). Thanks

2. Read about it. Serotonin Syndrome is definitely something you are risking. I would just say forget DXM if you are on SSRI's.

3. I second this.

You also dont want to screw around with your SSRI dosage. Take it as directed by a doctor as it can really imbalance you. Plus skipping 1 day is def. not going to rid you of all of it.

I recommend skipping DXM.

4. Fuck....Well If I stop taking them for a little bit could I do a one last time thing with robo?

5. You'll go through some rough times trying to stop SSRI's for awhile. Is it worth it? It's up to you. I would cut down very slowly. DXM isn't that great btw. I've never done 900 mg's so I guess I'm not an expert.

6. Ive been taking them less than a week, I dont think it will be that bad yet...I guess i'll find out.

7. That makes a big difference.

8. Big difference as in good or bad? Thanks

9. 2 weeks is the general rule, according to DXM Faq from erowid

10. DON'T STOP TAKING YOUR PILLS!!! It doesn't matter how long you've been on them, they are having an effect on your brain. You might not be feeling it yet, but it's happening. Quitting SSRI's without weaning off of them can cause major depression, and can leave you feeling more depressed than you were even before you started any medication. My best friend was only on Zoloft for 2 weeks when he stopped taking it, and a few days later he tried to kill himself. Don't fuck with SSRI's, they're serious stuff.

11. Might I add Benzodiazpines aren't anything to mix with DXM as well
    Now that carries a 2 week rule also
    But as stated, don't stop taking your Zoloft

12. really, everyone chill the fuck out. 6 days honestly is nothing and i see no problem with it. i mean i'm no expert but i've known people who have stopped after a short period of time with little difficulty and this is all just bullshit. if you want to, go ahead. but if you really see any serious changes (as in fatal or suicidal tendencies) then go back on but i don't see how stopping after 6 days is a big deal. do as you please unless something goes wrong, dude.

13. Yes, always consult the City before, during, and after all precarious activity.

14. Dude, honestly, if you're gonna start skipping pills, you should really talk to your doctor. One of the reasons suicide is a factor in those drugs is because people try to hop off of them cold turkey. Six days doesn't seem like a big deal but you should just ask your doctor. It's not like your doctor would arrest you or anything.

15. #15 mnkush, Apr 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2009

Actually, i've been off of them for about 2 days now, and I'm feeling happier. I am watching myself closely though in case of suicidal thoughts, etc. I am taking them to treat social anxiety order. I am going to stop them anyways, I talked to my doctor about it and told him they are making me way tired (they are, I fall asleep at odd times for hours). I am going to wait one more day and then trip I think. Plus, I don't wanna be addicted to zoloft, it doesn;t sound fun. Thanks for the advice everyone.

P.S. I am not really taking them for depression at all, just the social anxiety disorder.