Very Important PLS HELP

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Deleted member 585036, Sep 25, 2012.

1. I just recently germinating this plant and it's about a week and a half old.
    I need your opinions on if you think it will be a male or female. Any information will be helpful! This is my first time growing and it'd be good to have some help. :confused:

[​IMG]

2. no way to tell this early

come back in 2-3 weeks

3. If it's an autoflowering strain, it will automatically show sex in the next 2-3 weeks.

If it's a standard photoperiod strain, it will show sex about 1-2 weeks after switching your lights to 12 on/12 off.

4. you should not be worrying about sex right now.
    You should be worrying about getting rid of that tin foil and putting some mylar in there

tin foil only reflects approximately 20% of light

5. incorrect

standard photoperiod strain will show sex when it's mature, maybe 4-6 weeks from seed or so. you'll start seeing balls or pistils even without throwing it into 12/12.

6. Aren't all Auto's also fem'd seeds?

Of course even fem seeds aren't absolutely 100% but you've got a pretty fantastic chance.

7. Technically, not incorrect...original past stated correctly that a standard photo-period strain will generally show sex a couple of weeks into flowering when forced into sexual maturity...but...the answer was incomplete in that what you added is also correct...they will show pre-flowers indicating sex even in veg once they are sexually mature...

OP...I'd be more worried about your lighting/environment than the sex at this point...as project ice said, get the tinfoil out of there...not only is it a bad reflector, but it can also create hot spots that can damage your plant...also, your plant show signs of stretching, you should probably try to move your light closer, or add more light...

8. so I can throw a seedling into 12/12 and it'll show sex before it's mature? lol... no

it shows once it's sexually mature. no sooner.

9. No...it won't show in a "couple" of weeks, but it will show sooner than if you left it in veg as the plant will be forced into sexual maturity earlier than normal due to the lighting schedule...

10. right... when it's mature

pretty sure that's what I said, man