very helpful info on the use of CO2

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by jb1128, Apr 30, 2013.

1. While searching for answers I found this blog site and this guy goes into great detail on how 1500ppm of CO2 is way bad for your plants,he (and others) used a lot of words that where above my Speical ed leval of education but I still found it very helpful..if anyone is interested hereis a link to this guys thread.........

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=221893

2. nice... im gonna give it a shot

3. yea,me too,I just got a new CO2 system the other day and I am going to get the tank on friday,,so when I flip on saturday I hope not to wait too long to harvest..

4. #4 jb1128, May 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2013
    My CO2 system is a very basic system,you cant use a controler,it works off a timer and regulator,so what I was going to do was get a cheap CO2 monitor put it in my grow box,it's 8 ft wide 4ft deep and 7 ft high 5ft 9in to the lights at max hight and tweek the regulator to get 950 PPM's during lights on and let the CO2 system just shut down at lights off,judging by what I understand from what this guy is saying that would be my best plan of attack.....any opinions?????

5. i have a CO2 generator that needs to be hooked up

6. What kind of generator is it,does it work off propane? I heard propane generators are not advisible to use ( Idont know how true it is) because they not only give off CO2 but other fumes that are not good for the plants.
    I have all the tubing ran inside my grow box,I added a new outlet for power all I need now is the tank witch I am getting Friday and lowes has the CO2 monitor for 27 bucks so I will get that on friday also.
    I was going to buy a nice new shiny light weight aluminum CO2 tank for 135 bucks,I am glad I called the welding supply place I buy the gas for my mig welder from and found out that not many places will fill a tank for you, you can only exchange an empty for a full,so I would have lost my new tank for some shitty heavy steel tank,so I will just buy one of thairs,,first time around it's 150 bucks but it comes full,when it runs out you just exchange it and the Co2 is 20 bucks,now I just have to figure out how long a 20 lb tank will last, if I am only going to use 950 to 1000 ppms during lights on I am hoping it will last at least a month.

I really wish I had the money ( this system kinda put a hurting on my wallet) I would buy 2 tanks this way when one runs out I can swap it and take my time getting the empty exchanged,but I guees I am just going to have to deal with it..
    I just hope this added expence is worth it!!!

7. natural gas.

if u have a standing relationship with your hydroponic store, u can arrange for them to have tanks ready for u when u need to swap.

8. The closest hydro store to me is 80 miles away,the welding suply place is 10..

9. ouch. well, looks like ur swaping tanks

10. it's not really that much of a hassle really after buying there tank,I drive 10 miles slap a 20 on the counter nd drive 10 miles home,I guess it wont be too bad...