Very first micro grow, bag seed then gdp

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by ClinicalExplosion420, Jan 27, 2014.

well.....your in the right place ......keep looking in the micro-grows .......stealth dressers and nit=ght stands or armoires would be nice to convert into a medicine cabinet :hello: .........keep smoking .....keep happy .....get growing :ey:

2. Well I'm here today to hopefully find some motivation, thread is still alive, still going to be growing, progress is slow.

Update
    I have purchased soil/pots/nutes.
    1 gallon and three gallon pots
    Fox farm soil
    Jungle juice grow nutes for veg part A and B

I have also come in possession of all the fans I need.

A have a few light sockets but not enough yet because I bought the last the store had.
    My clones should be ready in a week, white widow and maui waui.
    I've decided to do two plants in two boxes under the same conditions, but, I plan on main lining one, and lst/scrog on the other, witch ever works best is what I'll continue testing with, later when funds are in higher availability I will be setting up five gallon DWC hydro buckets but not for a while.

Tonight I hope to cut the reflective mylar to shape and get both boxes lined and also get my intake/exhaust cut and set up. I need to find a way to the hardware store to get the rest of what I need.

Next grow I plan on buying these foam sheets that have my lat lining on them to line the boxes with.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Whooooo! Confirmed life!!! She popped out of the ground yesterday morning. Its a bag seed from my friend, strain is "the doctor" I have a lab workout for it, bit don't recall it off the top of my head, got some pics, will get more tonight, when I left this morning was about an inch tall and had tiny tiny little serrated leaves

4. Pictures

Attached Files:

5. Day three: watered her last night and she jumped, she is almost three inches tall as of this morning when I left, here are some day 2 pics, I'll have some more tonight

Question to you pros, when should I start feeding it? I have jungle juice veg part A and B, another question is due to my lack of timer if been doing it on 24 hr right now, will it be Ok to veg the entire time under 24?

Also this is my ghetto first attempt, getting a lot back on my taxes so I'm going to drop cash on good gear for my next go around

Attached Files:

6. i like to get them going under 24/0 for a couple weeks...then i go 18/6 ...gives them a little rest and then you should see some significant growth happening....and as for the nutes goes....since your using the ffof soil you should be fine without the Veg nutes...as the ff'soil has a good amount of n' and should be fine until you are ready to flip...how long do you plan on veggin for and what is the pot size wich they will be transplanted into....that also makes a difference in if you will need the part a veg nutes.

Sent from my ZTE V768 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. I ended up with happy frog (or whatever it is don't have it around ATM) for soil, and I'm going to a one gallon soon, final will be 3. I'm not sure on veg, until it gets to the size I want before flip lol, probably no more then a month, and I'm debating between mainlining, and scrog/LST.

8. .....you should be ok w/out the Veg nutes happy frog is good stuff and is better for juvenile plants....Besides a four week veg period on your girls.....good luck...and I'm seeing some good grow karma your way...:D

9. Thanks! I hope so too, my "mentor" has over 20 years under his belt so I'm hoping to do Ok, although I was hoping to start out right, but I've just been ghetto modding my box, but gotta work with what you got, I'll be getting things proper as soon as my tax return comes in, I'm going to buy hydro gear why I have the funds but wait to use it till I have a few under my belt.

I'm hoping to get 40-50gs dry, but will be happy with a dub so long as it lives haha

I'm currently picking up growing to help offset the $300-400 a month me and my bro use now.

10. So home depot has this foam sheeting in 4x8' sheets like plywood, I was wanting to build a bigger box, I was thinking of building a frame with 2x2's and using the foam as walls, I'll build the frame with all mounting and weight bearing in mind so pretty Mich the sheeting will just be there to enclose it, my main reason for using the foam sheet is its cheep, insulated (its cold in my room, as I have little to none insulation and no central heat just stupid electric wall heaters) And one side has mylar on it, so I think it will work, what do you guys think?

11. Pictures tonight since I suck and keep forgetting

12. This is day 6 or 5, not sure

Wondering when I should transplant as its in very little soil, it packed down to about half the cup

Attached Files:

13. Also concerned because yesterday it pretty much lost its purple stem, but today its purple again, any thoughts?

14. No worries mate....some seedlings depending on genetics do tend to get that but as it matures it should lose the red.....

15. my only concern was it lost it, then came back, but shes doing good now. i think it has something to do with my horrible temp control, ive been keeping my space heater on and trying to regulate temps better but still probably too cold, need to get a thermometer 
    im going to post updates tonight, transplanted into a 1 gallon because im pretty sure it was root bound, stooped growing, within an hour of transplant it took off.

i also re wired a new light fixture.    
    currently volunteering at my friends hydro store looking at all the cool things i want when my taxes get back.

16. major update to come... 
    i went ahead and tried the nutes, have no idea what ratio i used, just put a few drops of each part in a glass of water, whatever i did it worked, i did two aplications and after each she blew up, pictures to come

17. Pictures

Attached Files:

18. She was cold and droopy last night when I got home because I forgot to run my heater, got a major purple stem, heated her up stem turned green and she popped up!

Attached Files:

19. This is my current box, have another one that's roughly the same size

Attached Files:

20. So I designed a new box and came up with my grow plan, my new box will be 3'W 4'H and 2'D
    I'll do three big plants in 5 gallon dwc buckets, then for my two little boxes one will house a mother, the other will be perpetual/SOG, mother will be kept in 3 gallon soil pot, sog box will either use a dwc or soil. Haven't decided.