Very first grow! New here

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Kokolent, Feb 5, 2017.

1. #1 Kokolent, Feb 5, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
    I want to say hi and share my very first grow. I'm currently about 5 weeks in and I'm learning a bunch along the way. I'm growing in FoxFarms organic soil with 100% organic fertilizer under a 500w LED. I hope to learn a lot from the more experienced growers and provide myself with a steady supply of smoke in the process.

My grow space is 3x3x6 foot tent and seeds are a OG Kush x Champagne crossbreed.

Here are my seedlings @ 1 week. I started them in clear plastic solo cups, so it was easier to observe the roots and soil moisture. It was started in miracle grow organic soil (which I regret in hindsight, but didn't seem to really have any negative side effects)
    IMG_0421.PNG

On the second week, the seedlings started to outgrow the cups and decided to transplant them directly into their final home. 5 gal smart pots. Mainly for my own convenience. I had a little trouble with the transplant and didn't want to damage them doing it a second or third time. Next grow I may do it differently.

IMG_0424.PNG

The third week I started to get a lot of growth. They aren't very tall but they're growing outwards quite a bit. Not sure if this is common or a result of the LED

IMG_0425.PNG

Week four, I tried my best to top them. 2 of them went really easy, the 3rd was a little difficult because of how tight the nodes were. They're all doing pretty good now though.

IMG_0428.PNG IMG_0426.PNG
    IMG_0429.PNG

The topping seemed to stunt them a little, but it's recovered and they're going back to growing like crazy. On week 5 the the plants are looking super healthy but still small/short. I moved the light a little further up to hope to stretch them a little (24")

IMG_0430.PNG
    IMG_0432.PNG

I will update this journal as needed. Any feedback or advice is always welcome.

Thanks people

• Like Like x 1
  2. #2 Kokolent, Feb 5, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
    nm

3. Just started some LST to help control the growth a bit and took some clones. The plants are really starting to take off like rockets. They appear to be sexually mature, so I will give them a few weeks to recover from the clippings and then flip them over. I also lowered the light from 20 or so inches down to around 16 to try and slow the stretch. I'm praying at least one of them is a male. I'm running out of room fast. (Fairly positive the lower left plant is male)

IMG_0684.JPG
    Pre-LST

IMG_0692.JPG
    Post-LST