very first grow, need help!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by waterproofSQUiD, Jan 28, 2007.

1. so some close friends of mine got a hold of some property and they said they wanted to set up a hydro grow system in their shed behind the house. The problem is none of them have any experience growing. I have done some research and looking around on these forums but never gotten my hands dirty and actually tried to grow anything.

so basically I'm going to jump on this opportunity and try to set up the system as soon as possible. and I'm going to need all of your guy's vast knowledge to help me with the details.

Were going to set up a simple DWC system, basically using the bubble bucket set up that rumpleforeskin showed in his how - to post. were only going to have 4 plants and were trying to keep it fairly low budget. I'm a legalized user so I'll have no problem getting clones and we have the buckets already set up thanks to home depot:D.

So my question, what kind of lights should i get for the 4 plant system in a small shed? something cheap or plans some one might have to make your own lights would be ideal. and second what kind of nutrient solution should i get? can i get that at home depot too or do i have to order them online? When should i check the water levels and the Ph?

any other advice you guys have about bubblebucket growing would be great, like i said we are very much newbs just trying to get our feet wet in hydro growing. thanks!

~Waterproof

2. Its simple, hydro done properly is going to cost you a $200-$300 to set-up. First an HID light is the only way to go, you can pic a 400 up for about 150 at htgsupply.com, here's the link:http://www.htgsupply.com/viewproducts.asp?subID=59&catID=12

You'll need a pH meter and a TDS meter, also you'll need rockwool or coir and hydroton rocks. You need nutrients that are made for hydroponics as your soil ferts are lacking in a bunch of micro-nutes(they are assumed to be in the soil already).

3. hey thanks, i think i will go with that one for 160, since it comes with a timer and everything, what about nutes? any cheap brands that any of you know of? and what should the ph of the water be? just neutral at 7? like i said this is my very first grow/hydro grow period so any advice any of you have is greatly appreciated! :hello:

~waterproof