Very first grow need help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by kushaholic8, Mar 22, 2014.

1. Okay so ive been smoking for years and finally decided Im going to do a closet set up. I got my seeds in andn I need some advice in what kind of lights I should use and what kind of soil will give me best results. Also what kind of nutrients would be best gor the plant. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Not to be rude. but your at the very BASE.  So read around the forum then maybe ask more direct questions.
    Lights:  CFL/HPS/MH/LED/etc.
    Soil:  Anything with a humus/drain mix will do
    Nutrients: pending if you want chemical(I'd avoid) or organic(recommend organic forum)

But honestly the more you read, the better understanding you will get of what to use and how to use it.

Any specific questions, feel free to message me.

3. Just ordered live soil from buildasoil.com should arrive on Monday.. A bit pricey but has all the goodies that people mention on the organic threads. Wanted to make my own soil but couldn't find half the ingredients around where I live. And this will be my first grow so I didn't want to learn the hard way. Plus Jeremy from buildasoil hooked me up they have awesome customer service... Just my 2 cents. Good luck on your grow.

4. I agree.. I have most of the things I need just waiting on soil.

5. honestly for the first grow i'd go with chemical nutes(unless familliar with organics),,, and free bagseed.... just to get the feel of it all.. trust me after a full grow and harvest, the next year things seem so much less pressured, and more right. Guess you could say as sort of a confidence builder... also you get a feel of what they like and what they dont...

6. It seems to me it would be harder to do the nute thing unless you did have more experience growing. I went organic so I wouldn't have to deal with the whole nutrient feeding stuff.. Plant water and watch grow. But that's just a "my theory" for now. You can laugh at me when I'm smacking myself a month from now. I'm sure it won't be so easy after all.

7. as far as adding a tsp/gal to watering once a week vs what supersoil, compost teas, making compost piles, vermiculture etc etc etc is... its the learning element as opposed to the simplicity after once you have got it down. but i do see what you mean..

8. Read...read....sort out bullshit advice on forums from good advice (lots of good advice here...and a little bad)....i spent a few weeks germinating different seeds before I tried with a mj seed (tomato, pepper etc). cuz there cheap.. and read some more.

9. Thanks fellow blades I really do appriciate yalls input. Im gonna do some more reading on it but I do have one more question when picking my lights. How do I determine which wattage to use and how many watts is ideal to get best results when growing

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. The more watts the more bud.  I am using a 600HPS and a 400 HPS on four [plants.  The newest lights are the LEDs and I believe there is a thread about using them.  Also compact fluorescents.  Again, the more light the better.  Amazon has a bunch of lights that are reasonably priced and they have good reviews to point the way.