Very First Grow: Hows She Lookin?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by pauliewogs, Jul 3, 2017.

1. (PICTURES BELOW)
    Setup and Strain info:

Carmelicious auto-flower fem MSNL seedbank started using paper towel method.

3 gallon fabric pot with Roots Organics coco coir that was rinsed profusely (no additives or perlite) I plan to use perlite next grow.

6th Week birthday was on July 1, 2017 I don't know why she is so small but I assume its because I went against my better judgment and transplanted her a week or 2 in. Though she seems to be growing very bushy and not tall.

Shes under a 250watt LED grow light (actual) and has been on an 18/6 light schedule since week 3. Before that she was on 24/7. Next grow i will do 18/6 from the beginning to encourage early root growth. The light currently sits about 20 inches from the top of the plant. I just raised 2 inches because I saw a bit of tacoing in one of my leaves. Better safe than sorry

Water and feed daily with half strength GH trio and a about 4ml of calmag as I had an iron deficiency early on and these nutes are really lacking in the calcium department from what I've read. (Calmag has iron) I PH each feeding to right around a high 5.6 to low 5.7. I figure that the higher ph of my medum will cause some beneficial back and forth between 5.6 and 6. The PH of the coco typically sits between 6 and 6.5

Small fan blowing on her 24/7

Pretty decent temperatures all grow. Never goes above 85 and rarely even gets there. Average temp is right around 80. Humidity sits at a steady 40-50%

If she doesnt start producing buds by thursday, im going to switch her over to a 12/12 light schedule. Maybe shes got more photoperiod in her than auto. We will see.

Please comment your thoughts, concerns ideas and hate. Seriously I want it all. I think I have found my passion and Im loving every second of growing this girl so anything to make me a better parent would be more than appreciated. Happy Grows!

She sits about 5 inches tall from coco to tip. A bit short but her width is nice. Leaves are a nice deep green.
    IMG_1121.JPG

IMG_1122.JPG IMG_1125.JPG IMG_1130.JPG

Look at all those juicy nodes. And whats that? Its officially a girl ladies and gentlemen. Quick question here: these are what are called PREFLOWERS, yes?
    IMG_1137.JPG
    IMG_1139.JPG

I have no clue whats happened in these two pictures. Somehow her leaves got damaged. Are tears like this a normal occurrence? I have a leaf that has a single hole in the center that ive decided had to do with light reflecting off of a droplet and burning through the leaf.
    IMG_1123.JPG IMG_1124.JPG

Enviornment. Its MUCH brighter in person. 250watt LED actual KINGBO grow light shining down on the star of the show. She rests upon a plastic pot lift designed to raise plants off the ground. This keeps her from sitting in runoff.
    IMG_1145.JPG IMG_1146.JPG

Thanks for checking out my very firsr grow! More to come if requested. Much love.

-Paulie

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. If that's an auto, let it keep going on 18/6. It'll start when it's ready.

Those aren't pre-flowers. Those little green things just grow at the nodes. The pre-flowers will show up just behind those things. That's another indication that it's not quite ready to start flowering. Just be patient.

Everything else looks good. Leaves get dinged up just from being moved around and handled. No big deal...

• Like Like x 1
  3. lookin real nice not fuck around with it being an auto, just let it do it's thing

• Like Like x 1
  4. Your light is way too far above your plant. Nutes feed a plant but LIGHT is the key to growing a nice plant that produces fat buds. Keeping light and plant as close as possible throughout is the way you get the most out of each. But you desperately need to bring that light down closer to the plant if you want it to do any growing anytime soon. The further away from the plant you hang the lamp, the less good the plant gets from it. Normally they stretch. Not sure why yours hasn't anymore than this...sure strain is part of it, but bring it down to around 2 ft. above the tops and closer from there. If you don't get good light penetration or have enough wattage, you won't get the growth or production you want from the plant. Try using Roots Original next time and forget rinsing and all that stuff. Hope you understand feeding your plants because you washed all the food out of your medium when you rinsed it. Good luck. TWW

• Like Like x 1
  5. Your light is way too far above your plant. Nutes feed a plant but LIGHT is the key to growing a nice plant that produces fat buds. Keeping light and plant as close as possible throughout is the way you get the most out of each. But you desperately need to bring that light down closer to the plant if you want it to do any growing anytime soon. The further away from the plant you hang the lamp, the less good the plant gets from it. Normally they stretch. Not sure why yours hasn't anymore than this...sure strain is part of it, but bring it down to around 2 ft. above the tops and closer from there. If you don't get good light penetration or have enough wattage, you won't get the growth or production you want from the plant. Try using Roots Original next time and forget rinsing and all that stuff. Hope you understand feeding your plants because you washed all the food out of your medium when you rinsed it. Good luck. TWW

• Like Like x 1
  6. Post your pics taken under natural lighting...not LED. Everything...obviously....looks purple because of it. Can't tell anything about the coloring of your plant under them.

• Like Like x 1
  7. She very beautiful.is she single lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. When i say I rinsed I meant that I started from a coco brick and after getting it loose and fluffy, i ran water through it until it ran clear. Just to flush any excess salts.

9. Only the last two pictures are under the LED. All the others were taken under three daylight bulbs.

10. You
    You dont think that the tacoing was from too much light?

11. Im for sure looking into getting a bagged coco next time. These bricks suck to prepare haha

12. Thank you very much for your imput. I appreciate the time taken to help me out. I hope she flowers soon because almost everywhere i look I see flowers starting on autos by day 25-30.

13. Wrong again. Coco is inert and has no nutrients. Stick with soil.

14. Don't listen to her she knows nothing about growing in coco, but insists on giving advice. I know you hydrated and rinsed you coco, but did you pre-charge? It's not necessary but I find I get faster growth when I mix in perlite with my coco for added oxygen to the root zone. Good luck - your plant looks healthy.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I did not pre charge but I started putting in doses of Cal mag with with my water from week 2. Could you tell me how you pre charge your coco because there are so many conflicting opinions and its been difficult to find a proper method. I was looking into it but didnt want to overload the coco or make it too hot (if thats possible?)

16. I have a thread in the Hydroponics/Coco Coir section on the first page titled - Mick's Coco-KISS-Scrog-Method that explains how I pre-charge and my feeding schedule - you might pick up some pointers. Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  17. So, a little while ago I decided to play with my first autos. I had ordered some regular THC Bomb fem seeds and they had a THC Bomb auto as well - so I got both and figured that I'd just let the autos take over one part of my veg tent. Well, they kept getting bigger and bigger, and took probably 8 weeks and 3' tall before they even switched to alternate branching - and it still wasn't flowering. I went back to the seed Co's web site and discovered that what I had ordered was a fem THC Bomb crossed with a strain called Auto... Bonehead... They are not auto's at all. Now they are taking over a whole new section of my flower room because they are so big. Live and learn...

IMG_1686.JPG

18. Here is a little side by side pic showing how much she has grown in a week.

Attached Files: