Very First cfl Grow Log

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by SnowCappedHills, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Sup Hills! So they look real good...except for those lower leaves falling off. It concerns me cuz they don't seem like they're yellowing enough before falling off. It looks more like they're just wilting off. Is that a fair observation? Also, that damage is from rain? I was gonna say bugs, but then I read the whole post.

2. Hey!

Ya it seems they just wilt off, not sure why. Also the damage I thought was from rain, but it does seem like its more likely the bugs like you said. Gonna have to make some insecticide stuff I guess. I have seen ants on them, as well as a variety of other bugs.

They do seem pretty resistant against the rain to my surprise. It rained here and even got pretty chilly all weekend and I was able to get out there to them today and they where all doing fine. There was a little more of the damage from bugs though. However no leaves on any plant had dropped which was a good thing. Maybe they just needed some fertilizer really bad like you had mentioned. Hopefully this week we will get some sun.

3. That's good that the leaves have stopped falling off, maybe it was just part of the stress from the change of environment. I'm no expert on pest control, and I'm sure now that you're outside you're gonna need some. I know nicotine is a good pesticide, you just boil a pack of cigarettes and spray it on the plant. But I don't really know what you should use. It's not getting too bad is it?

4. Hey

Its been a long time since I posted here. Life has been going so fast for not been doing anything with your life. Fuck. Anyway its been raining here a lot in the evening so I haven't been able to fertilize them for a while unfortunately.

As far as pest control goes. I haven't gotten any yet. I know its really fucked up but the only reason is I have got no money at all. My gas tank is on empty, I have less than a bowl in my medicine bottle, and I have three dollars cash to my name. There is suppose to be a credit card arriving any damn day but so far nothing. Until then the plants and I are kinda shit outta luck. Its weird cause I been waiting two weeks for this card so I just don't know whats going on.

Anyway. I went out to the plants today and everything is doing just fine. Yes there is considerable insect damage... but whenever I am there I don't see a whole lot on them. Some small flying insects, flys, ants, and small white spiders. Those are the usual visitors but again its not like their being eaten alive I don't think. The spiders are the ones I don't like. I think I have only found three on the plants so far, but they like to take one of the leaves and fold it under so they can lay their egg sacs. Its really disgusting, so what I do is take my nice pocket knife and cut the 'finger' of the leaf off. I figure the plants would treat it like insect damage and they have. It looks fine to me and the little bases of the leaf are still there alive on the plant. Again there are not a lot of these spiders...

Okay so lets start with LNF Blaze. She is looking awesome and has by far the most bud growth. I didn't measure but eyeballing it, she looks to be maybe 4 or 5 inches shorter than Midnight Maiden.

Midnight Maiden is defiantly the tallest and is rivaling my own height. Haha. She is budding as-well but doesn't seem as far along as LNF is. Not to sure why...

Green Fairy is the short one but kinda my favorite. I really like this one even though its a little further behind the other two. Unfortunately I have had to cut two spider nests off of her so far which sucks. She is still showing female and doesn't seem to be hermi, but for some reason there is like... no bud growth on her. I hope she starts soon cause its gonna get cold around here and she might not finish in time.

Okay now... I do have one issue. It seems that all of them are dropping some leaves. But its different cause these leaves are still very green and some are even little tiny baby leaves (from the branches growing off the stem near the bottom). I hope their okay and will check on them hopefully in a few days to see if they are still dropping.

And... that's it I believe!

5. #125 KamelRedLight, Aug 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2012
    So I just have no idea why seemingly healthy leaves would fall off like that. Bugs damage leaves, so you'd see some evidence of that on the fallen leaves. I wonder if it could be a disease of some sort. Is it just at the bottom where they're falling off from? Could just be normal as the base thickens and gets woody. Can you describe the bug damage or take pics of it? Maybe pics of the leaves falling? Or just pics of anything? I love pics!

6. I got some pictures. These are from Aug. 10 which would have been about 6 weeks since I put them outside. The pictures show the worst of the bug damage as I hadn't put spray on them until that day I'm pretty sure... Well now there are not as much insect damage (just what was there before) ever since I been getting some spray on them. Today I went through and didn't find one spider which was fantastic!

As of today... (about week 9 of flowering)
    The bud growth on LNF Blaze is great and I am sure she will finish in time for the weather. Very filled out. Defiantly has focused on bud growth rather than getting taller through out flowering.

MM (Midnight Maiden) sure doesn't show that she is the same strain as LNF. She is huge and just keeps freaking growing. Maybe a half foot to a foot taller than myself. Where as the other two are like a foot shorter than me. Anyway she is budding as well but not quite as much as the other. I been having some issues cause she is so tall, the wind is just making her grow at an angle and I keep turning her hoping it will kinda push her back straight again. Well its hasn't been working so I found a stick to prop up gently against her for the mean time.

And still my favorite Green Fairy. She has barely starting to fucking bud! There is pretty much no growth on her. Although it is looking a little better since the 10th. Either way I feel there is no way she is going to be done in time at this rate. I'm trying to think of what to do cause I really don't want to get rid of her. If anything this is the plant I want to keep. I just don't have a place for her. They have all been getting fertilizer about once a week and everything so I just don't know yet.

Attached Files: